Ford vs Chev vs Dodge

FLEX ROD

I wouldn't buy any of them.

I've had Ford and GM vehicles and my folks have had a few Dodges.

I owned 1 GM and that was all it took to put me off them for life.

Dodges are crap too. Lot of electrical and tranny issues.

Fords are the best of the bunch but I still wouldn't buy one.

I will be replacing my current vehicle in a couple of years and will be getting a pick up.

A Tundra!!!! B)

Buy your LAST Truck First.........see below.

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/1602-the-million-mile-2007-toyota-tundra/

I have the dodge Ram. Penstar 6 cylinder 3.6 lt, 8 sp tranny. Same as Terry but in a single cab short box. (I know it,s not what your looking for)First truck I bought new. Other then some Bull warranty crap on tires and brakes, the truck has been awesome fuel, km per lt. My best last year was 7.8lt per 100km. In the city, Im getting on average, 10.5-12.8 lt per 100km, depending on weather temp ( summer vs winter). Im not a heavy foot, so Im very happy with it. Truck before this one was a 97 f150 with manual trany 5 sp with over drive. I beat that thing. towing a bass boat and a bayliner cuddy. I was the second owner of this truck and it cost me min on wear repairs. Also like Terry said, the others were like any where from 7-10 g,s more. I just wanted a truck, no bells and whistles.

Ecodiesel is no more problematic than anything else, just a lot better mileage.

You really want to believe that go ahead. See way more eco diesel for issues than anything else. Blown engines failed emission components drive ability stuff ect. And the 30 mph don't mean muck when a oil change is 200 bones and fuel filter replacement every 30k

Unfortunately I am not looking at new, I would like to keep it under 25k pre tax and see what that gets me age and option wise.

But first I have to figure out which truck first and then start price shopping, I do not want the price to dictate rather reliability and comfort and then price.

FLEX

If you are paying cash then used might work out for you. However if you have to finance a large amount at all, buying used will probably cost you more per month as there won't be any 0% options for used...

Also finding a GOOD value used truck of any make is pretty tough around here when the U.S. dollar is so high. The good ones seem to go over the border the second they go on the market from here, or the private sellers want you to pay enough for them to drive a brand new truck, while you take over their problem child....

If you are paying cash then used might work out for you. However if you have to finance a large amount at all, buying used will probably cost you more per month as there won't be any 0% options for used...

There is no such thing as 0 percent financing. If you walk in and pay cash you will always get a better price than taking the 0 percent option. No one lends money for free, it is just a marketing gimmick. Very often the cash purchase price is enough to more than offset the financing cost of taking out a bank or credit union loan, because not everyone has 40k in their sock drawer.

I wouldn't buy any of them.

I've had Ford and GM vehicles and my folks have had a few Dodges.

I owned 1 GM and that was all it took to put me off them for life.

Dodges are crap too. Lot of electrical and tranny issues.

Fords are the best of the bunch but I still wouldn't buy one.

I will be replacing my current vehicle in a couple of years and will be getting a pick up.

A Tundra!!!! B)

X 2 on that

Top 363 Complaints and Reviews about Toyota Tundra - ConsumerAffairs.com

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/toyota_tundra.html

Dodge Ram has way too many complaints to list but here's the main page you can scroll through......but the are CHEAP...

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/search.html?google_cse=1&cx=partner-pub-0200629403145096%3A9541715168&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=Dodge+Ram

And my point was I don't care what make you have you can find all the complains you want. And to just say one make it crap buy my truck. Is an unfair statement. Tbell people what is right with your truck and not that you think another is crap

Yet that is what you and most others are indeed doing.

And my point was I don't care what make you have you can find all the complains you want. And to just say one make it crap buy my truck. Is an unfair statement. Tbell people what is right with your truck and not that you think another is crap

Yet that is what you and most others are indeed doing.

YOU started posting complaints about Toyota or did you forget...... :whistling:

I only posted a positive showing Drifter that the Tundra he's thinking about getting crossed over the 1M mile mark.

I did post it but earlier I said I would like people to post positive things about their truck rather then just saying this is crap buy what I own.

So I did it to show drifter anyone can say negative stuff about any make. Which you quickly jumped on.

To just say the big 3 are crap is. Well it's a lie imo every make has it faults. I know he didn't like it when many said mecs are crap.

Ah also I see only the link posted not the comment I added to it explaining why I posted the link Damn phones. lol

Edited by Terry

Top 363 Complaints and Reviews about Toyota Tundra - ConsumerAffairs.com

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/toyota_tundra.html

The paint is starting to bubble and rust in the box of my 16yo truck...I'm not happy

The spare doesn't match the rest of the tires...guess what...same on my Ford

After 10 years the easy down spring in the tailgate doesn't work...I bought this as a farm truck and this is totally unacceptable

Get a Ford or Chevy...they don't have the easy down to break

There are websites for guys that are totally in love with their toyota pickups...never seen one for Ford or Chevy.

I leased 5 trucks for 4 year leases...the fords went back because they were done, the Toyota, I bought out because it still felt brand new.

I traded it on a Ford after another year and a half...big mistake...can't wait to get back to Toyota

The rest are ok, but if you want to love your truck.....

Edited by Dara

There are websites for guys that are totally in love with their toyota pickups...never seen one for Ford or Chevy

You're entitled to like what you like, but there are just as many Ford/Chevy forums as Toyota. You just haven't been looking.

As a Chevy guy, I'm fond of http://www.silveradosierra.com

Edited by Dutch01

Take a look at the 2013 and up V6 Ram 1500's. I have one and I get 980km's per tank on the highway on Regular Corn Gas. Towing my 16.5 foot skeeter with a 115 I get 750km's per tank on the highway. My buddy drives a highlander and I get better mileage than he does same as my buddy with a rav.

Take a look at the 2013 and up V6 Ram 1500's. I have one and I get 980km's per tank on the highway on Regular Corn Gas. Towing my 16.5 foot skeeter with a 115 I get 750km's per tank on the highway. My buddy drives a highlander and I get better mileage than he does same as my buddy with a rav.

DANG, THAT BOAT MUST FLY WITH THAT MOTOR ON IT. Sorry, off topic, but had to say.

i can find forums for most makes

Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans.....http://www.f150forum.com/

but you said good things about your Toyota and thats what we need..why people like their trucks not that they hate all the other makes

I absolutely love my Silverado as I mentioned before. Looks great, the small block v8 sounds amazing, it's fast, the ride is very smooth, good highway mileage (around 10L/100km on cruise and not towing), the interior looks great to me and Chevy MyLink is great for streaming my music and podcasts from my phone. I literally can't think of anything I don't like about it.

Do I like it better than the others? Of course, that's why I bought it. I haven't owned a Ford, Dodge or Toyota, so I'm not going to put them down.

Good luck with whatever your do choose.

Pointless thread. It's been debated on every forum since online forums were invented. Stating which truck is best is as dumb as saying which ones are crap. The big 3 roll 700,00 new trucks off the line each year, we buy one every 3 years...maybe, and that qualifies people to judge an entire industry. LOL

My perfect truck would have the style from one, the interior from another, the powertrain from yet another and the reliability from a fourth. Until that's possible, pick one you like the looks of and roll the dice...just like everyone else.

YOU started posting complaints about Toyota or did you forget...... :whistling:

I only posted a positive showing Drifter that the Tundra he's thinking about getting crossed over the 1M mile mark.

Tundra's do have issues like any other vehicle.

You will find the most issues with the 1st and 2nd gen Tundras.

The big issues were the frames rotting (recall), 2nd gen 5.7 air pump issues (warranty extended to 10 years), bed bounce in gen 2's due to too stiff a rear suspension (recall). 

Dodges have electrical, engine and transmission issues.

GM's have electrical as well as some engine and brake issues.

Ford's have differential, engine and suspension issues.

Don't know if the 150's do this but the 250's do and it looks like it sucks pretty bad. ;)