Can't buy an eye

captpierre

From my experience targeting eyes on Pidgeon....you have to trick them into thinking your fishing for something else. Break out the crappie gear and fish 1/32 jighheads under a float. While fishing mutter out loud just how utterly fantastic it would be to go home with a feed of Gills or crappie. Eyes have awesome hearing and will feel left out and just smash your offerings.

Works for muskies and bass too. You really just have to trick them into thinking your fishing for a different species. :whistling:

From my experience targeting eyes on Pidgeon....you have to trick them into thinking your fishing for something else. Break out the crappie gear and fish 1/32 jighheads under a float. While fishing mutter out loud just how utterly fantastic it would be to go home with a feed of Gills or crappie. Eyes have awesome hearing and will feel left out and just smash your offerings.

Works for muskies and bass too. You really just have to trick them into thinking your fishing for a different species. :whistling:

This needs to be an article in the In Fisherman magazine ???

Have you tried dragging worm harness along weed line low light hours? Maybe fish are deeper along shoals north of Roetzels Island?

Tried that last year mid season.

Got tired of the panfish with few eyes

But will try again

Thanks.

If it makes you feel any better i spent 12 hours fishing georgian bay yesterday for skis and boated 0. That makes 10 days of muskie fishing with none boated for me lol, 2 days doesnt sound so bad. I keep going and expect it to happen anytime and so should you!

try mudflats the walleyes and smallies are gourging on mayflies right now and they don't have to chase down a meal....try flats in the 15-25ft depth

Yup . the walleye I'm catching (which aren't Many) are filled with burrowing mayfly nymphs. Soft bottom is the key.

They aren't that hard to catch.

I got out for a couple hours around noon yesterday.

North channel on the rock piles with bouncers and harnesses

Picked up a couple 20 inchers.

IMG_1487_zps3m8qc2rw.jpg

PS I pilot is amazing

Edited by Dara

If it makes you feel any better i spent 12 hours fishing georgian bay yesterday for skis and boated 0. That makes 10 days of muskie fishing with none boated for me lol, 2 days doesnt sound so bad. I keep going and expect it to happen anytime and so should you!

Thanks for making me feel better about myself.

I tossed big hardware all day saturday looking for some 40+ class fish and came up empty handed...not even a small one.

bass opener cant come soon enough!

This is about the norm for Gbay muskies...

To clarify only one of those days was georgian bay, 4 in haliburton and 5 in balsam lol. Raised a bunch of fish tons of follows and even lost a few that actually bit but just cant boat one.

Sorry for the hijack, just wanted you to know you are not alone ?