Kind Words from strangers

So my son is that kid that cries at parties... Swimming... School... And now soccer...

Luckily being on dayshift now I'm around more to teach my kids life lessons that they can hold the rest of their life and help them through tough situations...

Most people hope their doing the right thing, myself included, however we are all just learning as we go and hope we do a good job for our kids...

Anyways

While flipping through Facebook the other day my wife stumbled on a little story... She was part way through before she realized it was about me and my son...

It felt really good that others support how we are handling our shy/nervous child... I actually got a little choked up when I read it and the comments...

Below is the Facebook post made by a complete stranger....

C94F4CE1-20A9-42D0-94EE-D5E7505FAEE4.png

I love hearing these stories Mike. Thanks for that. I coach high school boys and girls soccer and I love it. The most enjoyment I get out of it is the teaching of how to be the best you can at what you are best at doing. Seeing kids grow to be better people are the most rewarding in my eyes. Good on you for that and you should be proud for that moment with your son!

Rob C

You the Dad Mike, fantastic parenting. You should be coaching the kids. One of my personally rewarding and most fulfilling things I did in my life was coaching HS Football.

YEP, coached my boys (football and baseball) all the way into HS and even coached one year with my youngest at HS baseball.

In little league I coached years with my buddy Mike and had a great time......later we umpired together......and then went out for a few cold ones.... we would think back about some of the boys we coached and I remember Mike saying, this kid and that kid will be in jail someday and he hit it right on the nose......but most turned out to great assist to the community.....

I just wish my grandchildren were closer so I could coach them as well.......