New Downrigger Weight

Salmon crazy

I Thought I would share this new rigger weight that just got released from POW Casting. I was so impressed that I had to buy 2 of them. They are 10lbs weights. I really like the narrow profile and they are made in Canada. Cant wait to try them this weekend.

pow rb.jpg

pow white fish.jpg

Edited by Salmon crazy

They look good but do rigger weights actually attract fish? I think practicality is #1 when talking rigger weights. Terry makes a good point with tracking.

Side note, their website could use some TLC. The store (https://powcasting.ca/index.php?action=store) actually gives a red flag to which I had to manually add a security exception.

They look good but do rigger weights actually attract fish? I think practicality is #1 when talking rigger weights. Terry makes a good point with tracking.

Side note, their website could use some TLC. The store (https://powcasting.ca/index.php?action=store) actually gives a red flag to which I had to manually add a security exception.

Weights absolutely attract fish, especially the sharks.. I've had lakers hit the canonballs, so they must be doing something :)

They look pretty cool but i have had issue with fish and pancake shaped weights in the past, on rough days or when fishing near other boats where tighter turns may be necessary they like to cross. When 2 rigger weights get tangled it is a nightmare to sort out, ill stick to my balls thanks?

They look pretty cool but i have had issue with fish and pancake shaped weights in the past, on rough days or when fishing near other boats where tighter turns may be necessary they like to cross. When 2 rigger weights get tangled it is a nightmare to sort out, ill stick to my balls thanks

Yup, my go to weight was a plain , unpainted lead, traditional, 12 pound lead cannonball with a stub of a fin.

They look pretty cool but i have had issue with fish and pancake shaped weights in the past, on rough days or when fishing near other boats where tighter turns may be necessary they like to cross. When 2 rigger weights get tangled it is a nightmare to sort out, ill stick to my balls thanks

Sounds like your weights aren't heavy enough.

Sounds like your weights aren't heavy enough.

You could be right bill, the heaviest we have ever fished was 12 lbers but most were 10lb.

We started with manuals and could have cranked in 20s if we needed but when we got an old set of electric big johns they struggled with the 12s so we just fished the 10s.

We have never tangled once using balls.

Weights absolutely attract fish, especially the sharks.. I've had lakers hit the canonballs, so they must be doing something :)

I've had lakers and nooks attack my cannonballs as well.

Then perhaps I'll camouflage my cannonballs. I want them fish hitting a HOOK!