Dispute over flat earth leads of fire

kickingfrog

We all have that one family member...

http://www.cfra.com/news/2016/06/14/heated-dispute-over-earths-shape-leads-to-fire-in-brockville

Heated dispute over Earth's shape leads to fire in Brockville

Brockville Police say a heated discussion about the shape of the Earth led to the fire department being called in.

Police say they were called to St. Lawrence Park around 10:30 Monday, after a family had been involved in a full fledged argument.

Apparently a woman was insisting the earth was flat and her boyfriend's father was arguing it is round.

Police say the 56-year-old man became so angry he started to throw things into their camp fire, including a propane cylinder.

Brockville Fire was called in to put out the blaze and at some point the man left the scene.

Police say they are now looking for him in order to charge him with mischief.

Investigators say "neither party would change their views."

...In all fairness fire was around long before our understanding of a spherical earth.

this is a big thing right now, I actually know a few people who believe in a flat earth. There are lots of videos out there on the subject

Any of them explain why when you are on a boat on a big "flat" lake you see the tops of the trees before the land?

Any of them explain why when you are on a boat on a big "flat" lake you see the tops of the trees before the land?

Probably not, because they dont think rationally.

I seen this debate on fb and it hilarious people could believe such things.

I just asked them for directions because I really wanted to try parachuting off earth to see what it looks like from below.

We all have that one family member...

http://www.cfra.com/...e-in-brockville

Heated dispute over Earth's shape leads to fire in Brockville

Brockville Police say a heated discussion about the shape of the Earth led to the fire department being called in.

Police say they were called to St. Lawrence Park around 10:30 Monday, after a family had been involved in a full fledged argument.

Apparently a woman was insisting the earth was flat and her boyfriend's father was arguing it is round.

Police say the 56-year-old man became so angry he started to throw things into their camp fire, including a propane cylinder.

Brockville Fire was called in to put out the blaze and at some point the man left the scene.

Police say they are now looking for him in order to charge him with mischief.

Investigators say "neither party would change their views."

...In all fairness fire was around long before our understanding of a spherical earth.

It looks like this family had more than one. Throwing a propane cylinder into a fire??? And he probably thought she was the stupid one.

A propane tank is not gonna blast off on a lil fire.

Those tanks strong as ....

Still amazingly stupid but..

Ive used propane tanks with tiger torches to heat other propane tanks all the time mining.

Could I die? Yes. Logically though it wont happen.

Those tanks are very well designed

It would take intense heat to blow one up(dont try it though lol)

Edited by manitoubass2

In something of a similar vein, I have a neighbour who believes that the earth is only 5 thousand years old! He's highly intelligent, very aware of his life and surroundings, yet insists that the dinosaurs roamed the earth less than 5 thousand years ago.

Will argue that carbon dating is a man made tool that is completely wrong and the the dino's were only on earth for a very short time.

How about that for a belief structure?

HH

Lol seriously???

Ok, the girlfriend should have her tubes tied and not be allowed to further contaminate the human gene pool lol. That almost reads like a National Enquirer article.

That's the sad part, it appears recessive genes aren't and there are far to many wackos being hatched.

In something of a similar vein, I have a neighbour who believes that the earth is only 5 thousand years old! He's highly intelligent, very aware of his life and surroundings, yet insists that the dinosaurs roamed the earth less than 5 thousand years ago.

Will argue that carbon dating is a man made tool that is completely wrong and the the dino's were only on earth for a very short time.

How about that for a belief structure?

HH

Show him/her a picture of Keith Wynne about carbon, that will convert him/her? Hope he/she doesn't know how to vote!

Highly intelligent! Sure is!