Picked up something new for bass season

kickingfrog

but a top water frog, lets say a Spro dean rojas frog, still walks the dog, chugs, and moves "like a frog". a popper pops.

that will literally just be dragged in....and doesn't represent anything. it won't create much of a disturbance.

Sure it will. You can impart action on the lure using your rod.

I wont be buying any and im not trying to justify it.

I'm going to buy that as a gag gift for somebody, that's beyond ridiculous, I felt embarrassed watching Mercer plug that thing

???

I fish alot of top waters and nothing on the lure matter but hooks, and floatation well size too.

Everytop water lure I own is black if I can get it. Or white.

Doesnt even need any "fish/frog/whatever" details are added

A fish will hit a squash ball if you toss it out

Edited by manitoubass2

I will admit, sometimes the quality of the bait will matter. I was using Booyah topwater frogs that were around $5.50 at the time. LT Frogs were around $12.50. The Booyah frogs lasted maybe 5-8 bass and then on forth, it would be ripped to, takes in water really easily, and the tassels would 1/4 missing. LT Frogs have lasted me much longer for sure.

so they are designed to be reeled in on their sides, like a flat fish on the surface....

yep, another koppers live target bait designed to catch fisherman.

when was the last time you saw a fish just cruising alone, on its side, on the surface, lol. :)

Just like an old Lunker that learns what and what not to fall for I won't be spending 20 more Samolians for a Live Target bait.

the live target banana baits and live target smelts are also quality baits...once you swap out the cheap hooks and split rings.

live target frogs are "ok". cheap chinese hooks, and the material doesn't collapse as easily as spro's....but, they still certainly work.

i note the baits in this thread show "trokar" hooks for the brand...that is an improvement on what they use on the standard kopper frogs. (maybe the frogs will follow suit with trokar hooks?)

some of the Livetarget baits are top notch (with some required alterations), some are simply used to catch fisherman....

I have a feeling those who buy this bait also have some baitballs in their tackle box :)

I'm gonna give this mouse another chance. The first time I used it, it would take in water so fast.

If you want a real unique action with a high hookup ratio try this Live target Mouse. It outfishes there frogs for bass 2-1 every time. I put this lure on during any topwater bite.

.full_400.jpg

No baitballs for the 3 anglers who'll be using these hollow bodies.

I asked my brother today about the tandem frog bait from many years ago. He said it never worked very well. The frogs were small and they never sat well in the water.

about 90% of my topwater baits ( we called them plugs way back when ) were BLACK, especially fishing in the evening.

Because at night a dark colour on top when a fish looks up 'they say' is easier for a fish to see.

when I use a frog these are the one's I use and have used for the past two years. the rabbit fur leg ones have crazy action and it's a solid strip of fur so it cannot be pulled off/out.

Swamp Scum Frogs.jpg

I picked up a few gifts for the bass fishermen in my boat for opener:

20160613_150635_zpsenvfdg72_edit_1465857

Not sure if they'll replace rubber frogs but at least they don't have legs to get pulled off.

How did the Sunfish work for you?

Zara spooks seem to be the most interesting to seagulls.

I second that ^^

I've pulled a Super Spook away from more seagulls than fish I think lol. Hooked one 5-6 years ago at the Barrie waterfront, took me 10 mins to reel it in and an old fella beside me threw on a work glove and had freed in 30 seconds. What a show that ordeal was

they are actually pretty deadly

I out fished my partner 16 to 7 with the bluegill pattern

he was throwing a spro frog that day

but hey in previous posts they said a hot dog with hooks will work

so why are the muskie guys not throwing a schnieders juicy jumbos !! LOL !!

Zara spooks seem to be the most interesting to seagulls.

ive literally had to stop fishing until the gull gave up and went away.

the zara super spook jr is by far my fave lure of all time, i fish it literally 40+% of my time fishing. dont let the secret out about these lures though, i wouldnt want anyone to catch so many fish.