jiggernault worm harnesses

2 tone z71

Hey fellas ,anybody use these.

Been having a huge problem this yr with them either breaking apart or coming apart at the splice for the second hook,one walleye and there toast ,anyone else experiencing this ,ive contacted the company twice this season ,was suppose to send replacements,haven't heard back.

Been using them for yrs ,great product they put walleye in the boat but this is getting expensive .

I have had trouble with the ones using baitholder hooks on the top hook(s). The barbs on the shank of the hook rub & cut the line to the lower hooks. I tie my own and stopped using baitholders on the top and no more issues. It's hard to see in the picture on the link but the text says they are using baitholders...

I believe there are health issues involved and the company has closed

He was part owner of a fishing store and it closed up as well

He's from Cornwall

What he makes isn't difficult to make yourself and it isn't difficult to make a superior product yourself...

I can snell and hand tie a harness in around 2 minutes in my boat... I have a small kit with hooks... Beads... Blades... Clevis'... And keep some 10/20/40lb flouro in my box...

Most tackle shops sell all the makings.

I find it a great way to kill an hour on Friday night having a cold one.

I don't touch the power tools if I have a beer so may as well tie up some harnesses

Really is simple after you tie a couple..the knot how to's on here are great, thats how I learned

If you mess em up, cut the line, toss it and try again...not like it costs anything

Edited by Dara

I have been making worm harnesses for well over 30yrs and the best part about them is they are easy to make and you can really custom make them and fine tune them once you aquire all the components to make them .... Best advice is don't cheap out on the hooks !!! Once you make a dozen or so you will see it's the only way to go and pretty easy and the bead/blade combos you can com up with are pretty much endless ...... I used to make a lot of them over the winter and sell them at a few resorts and trailer parks and some bait shops before the Internet and did ok with them as well they are fun to make and no 2 are exactly the same !!! Experiment with different line and sizes I have made them with just about every line weight and diameter and usually stick with 12-14lb test and works great Cheers. Shawn

I make my own harnesses. I've never found a decent harness for sale. I buy the highest quality hooks I can find. I much prefer short shanked hooks and I use the real snell knot for all 3 hooks. I often add a bit of distance between the blade or blades and the hooks. I found some beads that are perfect. They reflect light just like a walleye's eyes or a cat. I found them in the sewing department at Walmart and bought all the beads. I put a small metal bead before and after the clevis. I also use the best ball bearing swivels I can find. I don't sell any harnesses but I do give some away. They would be too expensive to sell anyway.

Edited by Dabluz

What kind of hooks do you all prefer? And what size? I've tried all kinds of hooks, and not really partial to any one type or size....I like the red hooks because they don't rust....

And do you prefer 2 hooks, or 3? I tie some with one hook and troll minnows sometimes, but usually use two hooks for worms or leeches.

S.

2 hook only, even with big crawlers, anything more is a pita in the net, and I don't find it's ever increased my hookup ratio anyway. I have some one hook harnesses for minnows as well, but generally I just pull a plug when I start to think about that. I like whatever hook I find on sale, generally a short shank.

Edited by porkpie

I only use 1 or two hooks.

I rarely troll so I make mine shorter as well so I can cast them with a keel/snap weight.

I use smaller hooks as well.

I love red hooks too( i foget, who makes the ones northland tackle uses for jigs)

Dont use those, they suck. Wimpiest hooks ever.

Last bulk bunch I bought were VMC offset hooks, I think they are black nickel, or something similar to that. I like those.

I use p line barrel swivels and they are fantastic, but pricey.

Im a snap clevis only guy, I like to switch up blades quick. Up here smaller colorados outperform anything.

And as fancy as the blades are now, my go toos are hammered copper or hammered silver. They seem to work everywhere in any condition.

I also buy alot of beads at walmart, but I also go to fabric shops etc and find some good stuff waaaay cheaper than "fishing beads" lol

12/14lb line is perfect IMO unless searching huge gators

Edited by manitoubass2