Finally got out for a Trout Outing

Hi everyone.....it's been a long time since I posted anything due to the fact that I have not been able to get out on the water because of work. I took a new Global position 2 years ago that has me traveling around the world every 2 weeks which has really cut into my ability to get out....I decided to take the bull by the horn and take a week off so I could actually get caught up around the house and a possible trout outing....My buddy called me last week and when I told him I was off he said "let's get out to your favourite trout lake"....It didn't take any time for me to say "let's go!"

All I can say is that we picked an awesome 3 days of getting into the deep back lakes and hammering the Rainbows...we got into the lake Friday night after having to winch out of a few mud holes and limited out by noon on Saturday....My buddy forgot the net so it was pretty exciting to work the fish until there were ready to be grabbed. We even had the excitement of have a double header early Saturday morning...

The highlight of the trip was this beauty 8lb'r on the fly with no net :worthy:

I hope to get out on a few more outings this year and contribute some posts to this community...