Best Items to bring on Fly-In Fishing Trip?

James77

Hey Guys!

On Friday at 2am I will be departing for Hearst, Ontario with the hopes of taking pictures with many massive pike.

This is my second fly in fishing trip, and I'm curious if you guys had any suggestions for helpful little items I may forget.

Thanks!

James

paper plates, baby wipes, a water filter pump, head light. ear plugs, hand sanitizer, mosquito coils, pliers and spreaders

What lake are you going to?

We are headed to Martison Lake :).

Thanks I definitely forgot about the baby wipes!

Edited by James77

Shower in a bag! That darn thing came in more than handy on our trip. As mentioned, ear plugs for sure and bacon! Yes, bacon. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, bacon makes everything come to life;

-bacon and eggs

-bacon and tomato sangwhiches

-bacon wrapped pickereye on the bbq

Extra rain suits, more jigs than you think you will need and deep diving cranks.

That's just off the top of my head.

HH

Grab a few of the 6" glow in the dark sticks from dollarama. they are amazing around the cabin and outhouse as a nightlight and we hung one off the dock to help coming in at night.

Agree these are non-fishing essentials

baby wipes

ear plugs

fly swatter for the boat

laundry mesh bag to sink beer off the dock

Multi tool, small adjustable.

I'm going fishing with 4 guys who have sleep apnea. I'm glad they can bring their machines on my fishing trip or else half the guys would get no sleep. One time a had a friend stay at my house and thought my dad's snoring was someone running a chainsaw at 6am. I didn't watch the video above but I can't imagine it's any worse than they are...

Have fun on the trip and don't be shy to show off your pictures!

Martison sounds cool, I bet you'll get some good pike, you probably know this already but it's super shallow (you can leave some stuff from the tackle box at home)

You guys going in Friday or Saturday?

It was recommended to me for big pike in the spring. Most of my lure selection is for shallower lakes anyways so I'm pretty much set. Hopefully we get into some monsters!

We fly out Saturday, but are going up Friday Afternoon.

I went on a fly in around 10 years ago and the folks that stayed in the cabin before us actually left some bug nets that cover your bed (hung from the ceiling or top bunk). Definitely high on my list of stuff to bring for the next one, they were really handy.