Carpeting a boat

ecmilley

Well after pricing out a couple brands of new boats decided to fix up the ranger new.powerhead live well timers water pressure Guage. Decided to do the carpet getting a little punky at 25 years old.

Learned lots like not doing g it again lol. Progress so far.

20160605_165701_zpsi8mdxvtg.jpg20160605_165653_zps58by6rbb.jpgFB_IMG_1465086088226_zpsy7fn5vck.jpg20160529_182049_zpsv4o5fms2.jpg20160529_150938_zpskenayoce.jpg

Lookin good. I need to do my carpet soon too, its starting to deteriorate. Whats was the hardest part for you so far?

The weather so far lol.

Hardest part is the prep cleaning more.cleaning .

Advice buy extremely sharp knife using a Olfa with.black blade been.best so far and making sure the.carpet grain lines.up.

The weather so far lol.

Hardest part is the prep cleaning more.cleaning .

Advice buy extremely sharp knife using a Olfa with.black blade been.best so far and making sure the.carpet grain lines.up.

Good to know. Thanks!

Nope just carpet don't wanna get to spoiled

Wanna be able to close my eyes and think I'm in a 521C. lol

I want to do my carpet be realistically, it's still early. I can go another couple years for sure before I replace. I'm just too picky about my boat. Plus, it's my seats I really need to do. I hoping to find some Ranger buckets online and do the switch. If not, it'll be a reupholstering job.

Very nice job Ernie.....

I rehabed a 1989 Ranger because of the way it rode. I ran the new ones and they don't behave the same. I keep the original motor and found it had already been converted to a GTX 150 which in it's day was a hot lick of a motor. All of the plumbing was redone on the live wells as well as electrical upgrades. I ended up with vinyl on the center part to land fish and keep carpet on the casting decks. The big improvement was converting it to hydraulic steering man what a difference.

Art