Crestliner boats….any good?

limeyangler

I cannot comment on the 4 stroke Mercs, but the smaller 2 strokes are not good fishing engines. They don't troll smoothly, seeming to spit and sputter and rattle. The old OMCs were awesome for trolling, but then if you don't troll and are more of a run n gun angler, that is a moot point.

I troll the 115 all day long without a single sputter or miss. In all honesty, it's quieter and smoother than my 6HP 4 stroke kicker...

I troll the 115 all day long without a single sputter or miss. In all honesty, it's quieter and smoother than my 6HP 4 stroke kicker...

I agree 100%! looking into getting the smart gauges to further refine that, rather buy that than a kicker

I haven't managed to kill a Merc yet... and I've had one since I was 6 years old... that being a 4 horse on the 8' wooden skiff that my 13 year old brother had built. There's an old '76 or so 9.8 in the boat house that still runs fine, and both Mercs on the back of my Lund have been ZERO issues. Nothing but oil changes the past 9 seasons. No matter the brand, there's always at least one dud... anyone see the car lift off the ground when Kyle blew his 50K engine on Sunday ! :whistling: Merc or Yamaha, I'd run either. No issues with our 25 HP Honda either.

As for trolling.. Downrigging speed it's the 9.9, Musky I troll the 275 for 10 hours at 3.5 to 5.5 MPH and then just power up and go home!