G'Bye Mate

Beans

Photoz with carp.jpg

I got a phone call from one of my carpin' buddies (Ron in P'Boro) informing me that we lost a fellow carper and long time OFC member a few weeks ago...Photoz.

I'm sure some of you remember him...He got a kick out of ruffling a few feathers of some of the members but I loved his sense of humour...

He is responsible for getting some of us interested in carp fishing...I will always remember him inviting me up to behind the Canoe Club in P'Boro to see him use his new European style carp equipment for the first time...He had paid $1320 for it ( I remember paying less for old cars than that !)...it boggled my mind that anyone would pay that much just to catch carp (I used to use a hand line with a bell sinker on the end and a drop line baited with a cornmeal doughball when I fished for carp off the Scugog Causeway when I was a young lad)...His first cast looked like a Tiger Woods tee shot...

Steve liked to fish for most species of fish spring, summer, fall and winter but his poor health caught up to him and curtailed his activities greatly the past year or so (buggered up knee and Parkinson's disease)

My memories of carp fishing with him are the best...I will sure miss sitting around shooting the breeze waiting for the sound of one of our bite alarms go off...

Rest in Peace old friend

Sorry to hear that Norm, Steve was a great guy.

He was always trying to talk me into going carp fishing with him and said once I tried it I'd never want to chase muskies again but his persuasions were never strong enough LOL

Always sad when we lose another good guy.

Steve was generous beyond all reason, we shared several fishing opportunities over the years! That man would take his last hook off his line and give it to you if he thought you needed it. I didn't get to see Steve much in the last two or three years but we often stayed in touch through email. I'll miss that crusty old bugger! RIP my friend!

Jeez Beansie where we not just talking about him a month ago while chasing gills and crappie. Used to get out with Steve a lot. He is solely responsible for getting me into carpin. We have lost touch the last few years because of his health but like Cliff we still exchanged the odd email.

A great guy if you where lucky enough to get to know him.

RIP Photoz.

Sad to hear he is gone as well--Always gave me the gears in a kind and funny way--got me hooked on Carp fishing he did--sad he didn't get to enjoy his retirement from the Post Office--was a good dude-he'll be missed

R.I.P. Steve

Paul

I have often wondered what became of him as we hadn't seen him around here for a bit. Some found him a bit caustic, I found him refreshing.

He has been missed and now will forever be missed. Condolences to his friends and family.

HH

Jeez Beansie where we not just talking about him a month ago while chasing gills and crappie. Used to get out with Steve a lot. He is solely responsible for getting me into carpin. We have lost touch the last few years because of his health but like Cliff we still exchanged the odd email.

A great guy if you where lucky enough to get to know him.

RIP Photoz.

I'm sure you and I were also talking about him last time we fished together. Too bad, he was a great guy in person. One of the first I met off these boards.

RIP

S.

Yah.. we butted heads more than thrice... but yacked behind the scene all the time.

The last PM I got from Steve he was worried about Jen, while fighting his own battles.

The whole thing is sad indeed, but at some point we all unfortunately reach our expiry date.

RIP yah crusty old bugger, you had a good heart behind all that fluff ! :Gonefishing:

Edited by irishfield

Was thinking about the first time I met Steve. We all get to yakk,n on the board and become pals sorta speak. One morning out on Simcoe fishing BBP, I came accross this mountian of a man. We just started yakk,n and he,s says, your that misfish fella aint ya. I said ah ya ( wasnt sure what to make of it) Then he said Im Photoz. WOW, I was releaved. You are point on Wayne.LOL

I would get the odd pm,s asking about the perch bite at the marina here. Like mentioned,he needed easy shore access.

It's been about 4 or 5yrs since I last saw him out carp fishing in the Kawarthas. Even then he was going through some health issues. Great guy and always willing to show newbies the ropes. He will be missed.