Fishing Reel Repair Forums?

Black_Blade

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good reel repair forum? Google brings up Mike Reel Repair, but it is either an abandoned site with invalid links or something, otherwise would be great. I have a spinning reel with the little anti reverse spring has slipped off its peg or something and I can't figure out how to reattach it with any kind of spring pressure. Might be a simple fix for people that have been there and done that...lol.

Search Google for your reel model and the word 'cleaning' Or even search Youtube. All spinning reels are virtually the same, you should be able to find something in order to put it back together.

Haven't had any luck doing that..its an older model Quantum SLS30. Turning out to be a shot in the dark, was hoping for a video (seems to be one for almost everything these days..lol) that shows how to reassemble one of these and in that would see how that little spring is contrived back into place..geez won't complain about how finikky some auto repairs are again...lol. Just an inexpensive reel, but its a shame to trash it, for its still in good shape other than this. (have removed that snapshot trigger..was nice while it lasted but no longer works and is more bother than its worth)

mike's repair site is a bit crude but does work for me, I've also ordered a few parts through him before and had good help over the phone....googling mikes reel repair schematics quantum sls30 might get you a better result...I found the quantum snapshot SLS30 schematics diagram pretty quick (I can't copy and post to OFC right now, weird, IE version issue I'm guessing?)

as mentioned, many reels tend to be fairly parallel in mechanics between manufacturers, if you posted a few pics you might get some help...I strip all my own reels but I can't visualize what you are saying