Coupla Brutes from Opener & Gold on Ice with a stir Fry

Leecher

May 20th 2016 could not come soon enough... My friend Paul and I got busy targeting walleyes and got rewarded :) Caught them throwing perch pattern jerk baits, Thunder Stick in 2' to 5' foot of water and jigging 1/4oz jigs with twister tails in chartreuse & white, tipped with a worm, in 8' feet of water :)

Enjoy....

Couple of Brutes

IMAG0431_zpspv8b4dea.jpg

Gold on ice

IMAG0438_zpsefxprx9k.jpg

Stir Fry

IMAG0430_zpslkxftthj.jpg

No second Guessing.... Homemade Measuring Board :)

IMAG0424_zpsgz4idyku.jpg

Fish On!!!

Troutjunkie

Nice to see you drop in Jac. What, no ping pong? LOL

Thats some nice pickeral.

Thanks Brian!!! No, no ping pong this time around Lolll

Well done!

Thanks captpierre!!!

Beauties!

Looks like a fine meal was to be had!

Thankls Rick!!! It was good :)

nice

Thanks Terry!!!

Nice gold. Did you fry them up? Your fixin's look good.

Thanks Rob!!! No, butter, salt & pepper that's it :)

Great job, we have a similar slot up here, makes for some good keepers :)

Love the shallow spring bite, but where's the brookies? :)

Thanks Joey!!! Mostly 19" and 20"ers this year :) Yeah great keepers for sure :) Brookies not so good on that front :(

The stir fry was awesome!!! I had anticipated a break down in the walleye chunks, but did'nt happen :) It was one of the best meal I ever had :) The ingredients that does not show in the picture is, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Worcestershire, Soya sauce, salt & pepper, butter.... simple and delicious :)

Edited by TroutJunkie

The stir fry was awesome!!! I had anticipated a break down in the walleye chunks, but did'nt happen :) It was one of the best meal I ever had :) The ingredients that does not show in the picture is, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Worcestershire, Soya sauce, salt & pepper, butter.... simple and delicious :)

Sounds fantastic! I must try

Yes please! I just happen to have fresh walleye right now too.

Hook me up!

Miigwech

Ok Rick here goes.... First cut your veggies in bite chunks (veggies you like & the more the better) and your walleye filets. Fine chop garlic, ginger and scallions. In a hot wok, add extra virgin olive oil to cover 2/3 of the bottom, a dab of butter, add your garlic and ginger.... let sizzle for few seconds. Add the chunks of walleye, make sure they are laying flat on the long side.

Flip the chunks and let them sizzle for the same amount of time. When you see the chunks almost cook thru, add your veggies, soya, worcestershire and balsamic vinaigre (caution on balsamic, just a few drizzle). toss all the ingredients and cover for a minute..... uncover and toss some more.... add bean sprouts and water chestnuts to the mix. When the beans are looking semi cooked, sprinkle the scallions over and it's time to serve and enjoy :)

Great walleye opener! Glad to hear from you again

By the way, the tip ups you made me still work perfectly

Thanks Chad!!! Glad to see them tipups doing it's job :)

Edited by TroutJunkie

Ok Rick here goes.... First cut your veggies in bite chunks (veggies you like & the more the better) and your walleye filets. Fine chop garlic, ginger and scallions. In a hot wok, add extra virgin olive oil to cover 2/3 of the bottom, a dab of butter, add your garlic and ginger.... let sizzle for few seconds. Add the chunks of walleye, make sure they are laying flat on the long side.

Flip the chunks and let them sizzle for the same amount of time. When you see the chunks almost cook thru, add your veggies, soya, worcestershire and balsamic vinaigre (caution on balsamic, just a few drizzle). toss all the ingredients and cover for a minute..... uncover and toss some more.... add bean sprouts and water chestnuts to the mix. When the beans are looking semi cooked, sprinkle the scallions over and it's time to serve and enjoy :)

Thanks Chad!!! Glad to see them tipups doing it's job :)

Nice! Ill giver a whirl. Sound like a great meal(and a possible new shore lunch dish)

Many thanks!

Very nice, no pic of the finished stir fry??? :)

Thanks Joanne!!! Sorry no pics of it.... but think of an over size plate of veggies with golden goodness in it :)

Looks great! Some nice fish!

Thanks Gallie!!!

Edited by TroutJunkie

Nind if I copy this to the food thread for future reference?

No problems Rick, go right ahead :)

I'm still so jealous of those, they're the best tip ups I've seen!

You're too kind Dutch... Thanks!!!

No problems Rick, go right ahead :)

You're too kind Dutch... Thanks!!!

Hey, you can't argue with results, and Chad kicked our butts using those tip ups.

If you ever decide to make them for sale you have your first customer right here.

Edited by Dutch01