Fishing bass spawning areas for eyes

captpierre

Had several boats throwing jigs and small cranks shallow to shore and around docks along our shoreline. Mid day. Blue skies

A well known smallie spawning area.

I have a friend that got dragged all the way to court after bring checked by a CO on Balsam.

He was fishing for eyes on a windy day.

Had a tangle to deal with and ended getting blown into a bass spawning area.

Had no bass in well. CO checked his freezer at cottage.

Was on witch hunt. Found nothing.

Lost 2-3 days going to court.

Common sense judge threw it out.

Crazy.

Anybody hear of something like this.

Edited by captpierre

Had several boats throwing jigs and small cranks shallow to shore and around docks along our shoreline. Mid day. Blue skies

A well known smallie spawning area.

I have a friend that got dragged all the way to court after bring checked by a CO on Balsam.

He was fishing for eyes on a windy day.

Had a tangle to deal with and ended getting blown into a bass spawning area.

Had no bass in well. CO checked his freezer at cottage.

Was on witch hunt. Found nothing.

Lost 2-3 days going to court.

Common sense judge threw it out.

Crazy.

Anybody hear of something like this.

I've heard of a lot of friend of a friend stories. Most of the time the friend left out some details as to why they where charged. If he lost more than a day going to court, I'm going to suggest there is more to it than meets the eye. Keep in mind, most people, even the best of friends cast themselves in the best possible light when discussing something they where charged with.

I have seen this many times and thought the same, likely targeting spawning Bass, but on several occasions i have had large pods of walleyes move from the traditional outside weed edge, disappear and show up on the inside weed edge, which is usually in 4 to 5 feet of water, and is the edge between the shore and where the weeds start, already happened once this year, and can happen at any time of year, when food sources move. or in the fall when the frogs return to water after the first frost.

there is a law about harassing spawning sport fish, if bass are spawning and out of season they can charge you

a women in Beaverton was charged because her horse stepped in the river where walleye were spawning

there is a law about harassing spawning sport fish, if bass are spawning and out of season they can charge you

a women in Beaverton was charged because her horse stepped in the river where walleye were spawning

what was the horse fishing for and kind of lure was it using?!?!?

Float your fanny down the Ganny certainly would fall into this category of harassing spawning sport fish, but the MNRF has allowed it to continue for 35 years now, and its only a 30 minute drive from there head office, and its advertised on TV and every local radio station, which is like a dope dealer telling where he hid the stash

I think those spawning bass are just too hard for some to resist. Mind you there are plenty of pan fish along the shore line on Pigeon. All you can do is hope that anglers are ethical out on the water.

Those American bass fishing shows don't help when they are pulling fish from the beds. It makes it seem like that practice can't hurt anything.

our neighbors to the south rip mad lips all spring

to me i still dont understand this grand protectionist idea on bass if we are letting people absolutely hammer the walleyes (if it was up to me all fishing would be C&R with limits of a fish for a persons meal per day thats it)

maybe im biased? but people dont even blink an eye at people catching and eating piles of walleye, but the minute you catch and release an OOS bass people think you are some kind of criminal.

We fish the kawarthas with floats for crappies right on the new growth shallow. Ya you run into bass, but thats where the crappies are. If we are practicing proper C&R with no photos and other Bull no harm no foul IMO. There is way way way way wayyyyy worse going on on the lakes than that.

Edited by AKRISONER

our neighbors to the south rip mad lips all spring

to me i still dont understand this grand protectionist idea on bass if we are letting people absolutely hammer the walleyes (if it was up to me all fishing would be C&R with limits of a fish for a persons meal per day thats it)

maybe im biased? but people dont even blink an eye at people catching and eating piles of walleye, but the minute you catch and release an OOS bass people think you are some kind of criminal.

We fish the kawarthas with floats for crappies right on the new growth shallow. Ya you run into bass, but thats where the crappies are. If we are practicing proper C&R with no photos and other Bull no harm no foul IMO. There is way way way way wayyyyy worse going on on the lakes than that.

Couldn't have said it better myself

To add to all this, got my personal best smallie this weekend on balsam... on a bucktail jig. Do I deserve a fine or jail time? come on...

There is not one body of water in peril because of bass being pulled of their beds. The populations will never be affected and at the end of the day its just a bass.

Yessir! Next up the rapala line of dynamite.

I can see it now

"Ever had a fish blow up on your lure? Well now you can with the new DT (detonation time) rapala ecodamager xplode rap"!

Edited by manitoubass2