PSA

Dara

They are asking how many you have at home in the freezer, then counting what you have in the boat.

I know its always been possession limit but they are specifically asking now

They are asking how many you have at home in the freezer, then counting what you have in the boat.

I know its always been possession limit but they are specifically asking now

Which is why the correct answer is "I have none at home" ;)

For what it's worth the possession limit that many of us grew up with often was twice the daily catch limit. In many areas (most, all?) the possession limit is the same as the daily limit. Its been like that for a while now, I know, but it might be something overlooked by someone.

I have talked to a few guys and they still think you are permitted twice the catch limit for you possession.

Best, to learn the regs and fish within the law and then there is no problem. Think conservation ethics before belly!

Man if I was a real jerk I could use the ol "status card" line.

Good thing im not a jerk lol

And as terry mentioned, I actually do only eat fresh fish. Which means I need a limit of walleye and pike to have a feed. So I dont do it too often

Dara, they have been asking that question up here for at least 5-6 years

This brings up the skin on question. I thought it was necessary only in transit or at camp for instance. A couple bags of frozen chunked fish is tough to decipher...smallies, walleye and how many.

I also keep very little fish in the freezer. Heck I harvest probably 6 fish a season at most anyway.

Sinker

I believe only Until it gets to your house, then you can skin it and freeze it. In camp or for transport it needs skin.

They are only asking the question to catch you up, they aren't going to your house to check.

Once you admit to over limit its ticket time...tell the judge you didn't mean it

Mr manitou, we eat fresh fish because we can go get em pretty much any day.some people have to stock a freezer which is totally illegal.

And I wish all status card holders were as considerate

Yeah dara same here. If we want a feed we go get it.

No frozen fish here.

Also, even though my kids have status I dont allow them anything over a sporting license anyhow, and I still go by the regs for size/species etc.

Youde be surprised, many in this area follow my lead on that one,which is obviously nice to see

Do they need a warrant to come check your freezer?

Just curious, my freezer is sadly empty.

No, the MNR does not need a search warrant for your vehicle or house, but if I remember correctly they need probably cause Edited by manitoubass2

I have talked to a few guys and they still think you are permitted twice the catch limit for you possession.

Best, to learn the regs and fish within the law and then there is no problem. Think conservation ethics before belly!

I too remember those days, I believe for hunting small game and migratory birds it is still twice the daily limit for possession limit, hence there could be some confusion still.