Good news - science has shown that you were born nice!

scuro2

There is a difference between sharing what you have and being nice to others. I have a hard time sharing MY fishing rods and reels. :) Toddlers will stop doing enjoyable things just to be nice to someone who needs a little help.

There is a difference between sharing what you have and being nice to others. I have a hard time sharing MY fishing rods and reels. :) Toddlers will stop doing enjoyable things just to be nice to someone who needs a little help.

Do you have kids?

Also, toddlers are not newborns

No doubt but to say they are nice all the time is silly.

Last I checked I didnt teach our 15 month old how to headbutt me in the face

Not nice all the time, but nice to others. There is a big difference.

I'd bet that if you got headbutted in the face and you needed someone to open a door for you because you were disoriented or had blood in your eyes, that other toddlers, besides your own, would open that door. That is if they could reach the handle.

Not nice all the time, but nice to others. There is a big difference.

I'd bet that if you got headbutted in the face and you needed someone to open a door for you because you were disoriented or had blood in your eyes, that other toddlers, besides your own, would open that door. That is if they could reach the handle.

Im just messin with ya dood.

Kiddos are amazing we dont need science to tell us that??

All the paleoanthropological evidence we have indicates that Homo sapiens, our hominid ancestors, and even our pre-hominid ancestors, evolved as social species. That implies a natural tendency for co-operation, understanding, and just plain getting along. As a comparison; we are wolves, not coyotes, lions, not tigers. Altruism is natural, and being nice, while a little fluid depending on social norms, seems to be innate.

(If the above comment seems a little 'high brow', it's the spiced rum talking, alcohol brings out the pseudointellectual in me) :blink:

And yes, kids are AMAZING! :good:

All the paleoanthropological evidence we have indicates that Homo sapiens, our hominid ancestors, and even our pre-hominid ancestors, evolved as social species. That implies a natural tendency for co-operation, understanding, and just plain getting along. As a comparison; we are wolves, not coyotes, lions, not tigers. Altruism is natural, and being nice, while a little fluid depending on social norms, seems to be innate.

(If the above comment seems a little 'high brow', it's the spiced rum talking, alcohol brings out the pseudointellectual in me) :blink:

And yes, kids are AMAZING! :good:

Geebus! proving the "alcol makes you dumber" thread wrong???