Check out this old reel NF

your guys "surfing skills" are very good. As I mentioned to Rick via FB msg, this is a reel that will be passed down to my kids like some do with rings. It still works like new too... :)

Edited by GBW

Very nice reel Geoff. That's the kind of stuff I look for. Old Bakelite reels, knuckle busters and steel rods. I have a shoe box full of Mitchel's now. Not enough walls to mount them.

This site is slower than the Raptors tonight.

My bud has a crap ton of old mitchels too OI. I cant recall names but im pretty sure I seen a few called the 300??? Im not positive.

I couldnt get more pics tonight, hes not around so ill try again tomorrow

Very nice reel Geoff. That's the kind of stuff I look for. Old Bakelite reels, knuckle busters and steel rods.

This site is slower than the Raptors tonight.

It is a "gem" in my eyes and may never be used again but it's a fully functional fly reel ready to go and my kids (I HOPE) keep it on a mantel like I do now. My father is still alive and kicking (closing in on 65 ((only)) in 2 weeks) but we all have a keepsake of a moment right? This reel is mine and SORRY Rick for a bit of a hijack here (in my eyes it was) but we all have a moment in out fishing history we cannot let go or want to keep close. I have never seen my father use said reel but he was the man who got me into this lifestyle.

As for "the Raptors" is that a new storm or rapala bait? ;)

Edited by GBW

All of the old stuff I've got from the 50's and 60's , I can tell you where I bought it, new. :Gonefishing: The French made a lot of excellent tackle back in the 40's and 50's, everyone knows Mitchell spinning reels but Luxor's were arguably a better reel and Pezon et Michel gear was for the elite. Dad was one of the original gear junkies :worthy:

All of the old stuff I've got from the 50's and 60's , I can tell you where I bought it, new. :Gonefishing: The French made a lot of excellent tackle back in the 40's and 50's, everyone knows Mitchell spinning reels but Luxor's were arguably a better reel and Pezon et Michel gear was for the elite. Dad was one of the original gear junkies :worthy:

Post pics if ya can! I love seeing this stuff!