Last 2 weekends fishing with my Daughter

tb4me

So we spent a TON of time on the Trent river the last 2 weekends. My 15 yo daughter sure did WAY better then me..However I got the monster Walleye. 27.5 inch fish on the river. My heart was pounding so hard I didnt know if I was going to have a heart attack or not...lol
Has anyone ever caught a Crappie trolling for pike? I did and it was a HUGE slab of a fish to.lol
I caught the Walleye in 11 ft of water on a giant creek chub. I had a tape measure on board measured it up at 27.5 took a pic and sent it on its way. Any ideas on what it weighed at all?

20160521_190824_zpsugb4tozi.jpg
Guess what weekend this pic was taken? lol
IMG_20160514_144708_zpsmzzb8dqo.jpg
IMG_20160521_222416_zps88keazfl.jpg

She was fine with this one until I told her what kind of fish it was LMAO
20160513_194734_zpstszkfjd1.jpg

The Pike were caught by her.. I got nothing that day but the Crappie..
20160513_195026_zpssptfdzmv.jpg

caught this little GEM trolling.. a little taste of whats to come.
IMG_20160522_165402_zpsk5d2y7bi.jpg

Nikita on guard lol
20160522_141943_zpszq1qodho.jpg

went to get my ladder .. had to borrow a neighbors when i seen these beauty's
20160521_210926_zpskhp2ce8w.jpg
Thanks for looking and I hope your time spent on the water is every bit as good....

Edited by tb4me

I would never make a fish bet with any woman, especially a teen. The yellow kicks must be the trick. I would think that Pic would go at least 7lbs depending on her girth. Could be 8 here on Erie.

Thank you for sharing great memories with us all.

Beauty Dog by the way. Did it get a taste of that fish it was so interested in?

I would never make a fish bet with any woman, especially a teen. The yellow kicks must be the trick. I would think that Pic would go at least 7lbs depending on her girth. Could be 8 here on Erie.

Thank you for sharing great memories with us all.

Beauty Dog by the way. Did it get a taste of that fish it was so interested in?

not that fish no, it wasn't a keeper fish..It went back to keep on keep-in on....lol

Im guessing about 6lbs on the eye

she could have a fat belly though. Although kawartha eyes are typically skinny. Especially in the spring.

Who knows though, in October my bud caught a 25 inch 8.5lber.

Ya for sure that fish in the fall would have been close to 8 pounds..Fish like that are rare for me. I have fished there for7 years now and that was the first over 24 inches for me..I catch a lot of walleye there so we don't go hungry while at camp...lol When I caught it I had this big old fat creek chub in the minnow bucket. Threw it on a drop shot setup anchored in 11 feet of water..Oh I also found out I need a bigger and better net...Yikes

ditto on the 6 lbs, and strangely enough I have seen a big ol crappie caught while trolling for pike. A buddy in my boat did it at 6 mile lake years ago. Nearly ripped its lips off with the hook set but we did land it to our surprise it was a crappie

Excellent report. Thx for sharing. It brought back great memories of getting my daughter out to fish. Something she really enjoyed until she got older and discovered "boys"

Really liked the photo and story behind the eggs on the ladder too. Looks like you had an awesome couple of weekends. :clapping:

Edited by crappieperchhunter

Wow! Loved the report. Great mix of fish, that walleye and crappie are huge for that area.

Your daughter probably had great time just being with you out there!

Always like how the dogs stick their noses in fish pics!