Gord Downie

Hoppy

Heard the news driving to work this morning, felt like I was sucker punched. I've got a 6 pack CD changer in my vehicle and all 6 are Hip albums. I can listen to all of them front to back, can't think of any other band I can do that with. Waited 20 years to finally see them live last summer in Kitchener on the Fully Completely tour, they were awesome. Even more thankful for that opportunity now.

Truly sad news for all, my heart goes out to his family.

Funny, I play in a bar band doing covers for the beer swilling masses and every night, someone calls out for a TH song. Old and young, they are asking us for TH songs.

HH

his sunnybrook doc said it best when he said and I paraphrase liberally, "that money or fame etc can't buy your way out of this situation" after referencing Joe Biden's son and other well known people to have brain cancer. peace be with Gord and his family

my fav Hip song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE2joQsWXJg.

Watched a show a week ago possibly 20/20 where several people with aggressive brain tumours which were going to be fatal, took injections of the i believe polio virus, one young lady who was 20 years old and her tumour was doubling in size every 2 weeks, took the study and her tumour disappeared and she is now a registered nurse, others have had the same results, apparently the virus attacts the tumour with the same aggressiveness as the tumour, it has passed the first clinical study, and it is such positive news it was able to bypass the next or second clinical study, right now scientist are trying to balance the required dosage of the polio virus for each individual, I hope Gord seen that show, or if anyone can contact him by the fan page it is well worth the push to see if he qualifys for the scientific study. BTW people who have been injected with the polio virus DO NOT contact the virus, as its part of our inoculation, and i believe that it why it so aggresivly attracts the tumour, i believe it was a German Scientist who came up with the discovery, and the lead doctor at the hospital where it is been used is totally astonished at the positive outcomes so far.

Very sad indeed.

One of my fishing buddies taught his son in school. He didn't know Gord very well but says he always came across as a soft spoken guy---an all around nice guy. He said as well that, even before now, Gord and his family already have had enough bad news re their health. Altogether, quite sad.

The program was 60 minutes, Duke Medical center has been working on this for many many years.

Currently in phase 1 trials and while encouraging there are more people dying with the treatment than are being cured.

For the record the FDA has been dragging their collective... :asshat: on this research for years...can anyone guess why???

I've never been a concert person, just wasn't my thing. When I heard this, it was like a kick in the gut, and a concert seemed like a great idea. But I would not enjoy it, knowing the reason and the outcome. It would be too painful.

But I may do something different. When Gord passes, as is inevitable, I plan on driving up to Bobcaygeon, and watching the constellations reveal themselves, one star at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6QDjDPRF5c

TOUR CANCELLED!

KINGSTON, ON - The Tragically Hip has announced that it will be cancelling its final national tour as the members of the band were unable to acquire tickets to any of the 15 events they were set to perform at.

The group made the announcement after it became clear that TicketMaster had already sold the band’s backstage passes to scalpers and was unable to purchase them back at a reasonable price.

“$3,500 just to see myself perform!”said Gord Downie, looking at the prices on StubHub. “And that’s in US dollars?!”

The iconic Canadian group claimed that they made several efforts to obtain stage level tickets. Guitarist Paul Langlois, drummer Johnny Fay and bassist Gord Sinclair all made desperate appeals on their Facebook accounts, but the few friends that had tickets refused to barter away their prized admissions into what would have been one of the greatest live music shows in Canadian history.

The band explained that guitarist Rob Baker nearly obtained two 300 level tickets at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg but was timed out as he fumbled with his credit card to complete the transaction.

“That was our only chance guys; I’m so sorry,” said a remorseful Baker to his fellow band members with his head down low.

:)

Kudos to the hip. As much as i love them there is no freakin way i was going to pay that kind of money to see them. I have seen them 9 times, and i bet the price of all 9 of those shows added together is less than it would cost me to get scalpers for this one. Screw that!!!

Im glad they cancelled and i hope CBC does the right thing!