TSC stores are liquidating all fishing merchandise

Sterling

I got dragged into TSC in Liskeard the other day and was pleasantly surprised that they're liquidating all their fishing stuff (company-wide).

Everything was at least half off. Good stuff too. The cashier told me all local stores sent their fishing stuff to Liskeard as they could liquidate it faster there.

Blue fox spoons $3, nanofil $15/spool, minnow traps $5, premium hooks $1/bag, powerbait trout dope $3 a jar, etc etc etc.

I walked out of there with a 3ft receipt.

How does a man get dragged into a TSC store??? I make trips to Liskeard from TMag just to browse the store. Just wish they'd actually mark correct prices on stuff.. they'd sell more as 9 times out of 10 when you take something to the cash it rings it at 1/2 or 1/3rd what the shelf sticker said.

How does a man get dragged into a TSC store??? I make trips to Liskeard from TMag just to browse the store. Just wish they'd actually mark correct prices on stuff.. they'd sell more as 9 times out of 10 when you take something to the cash it rings it at 1/2 or 1/3rd what the shelf sticker said.

I was thinking the same thing!! It's like Princess Auto, I'll go when I don't need anything! lol

I was always under the impression it was purely a knick-knacky home-decor type place. I was pleasantly surprised by what I found.

Edited by Sterling

I was always under the impression it was purely a knick-knacky home-decor type place. I was pleasantly surprised by what I found.

You've got The Shopping Channel confused with Tractor Supply Company, we've got a real TSC in Grimsby, great place, I watch the flyer from there all the time, just stocked up on their 30-0-8 fertilizer at 1/2 price, which was already a good deal compared to Scott's or C-I-L.

TSC in Bowmanville is an absolute joke. I couldn't tell you the number of times I have went in there for a good deal I have seen in there flyer and they don't have it. I have never been in another TSC to compare it to....but guessing by the responses in this thread....they all must be better then this store.

Other issues as well. I pretty much leave every time saying I'm never coming back :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Go in maybe once a year for something now and am still usually disappointed.

TSC in Bowmanville is an absolute joke. I couldn't tell you the number of times I have went in there for a good deal I have seen in there flyer and they don't have it. I have never been in another TSC to compare it to....but guessing by the responses in this thread....they all must be better then this store.

Other issues as well. I pretty much leave every time saying I'm never coming back :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Go in maybe once a year for something now and am still usually disappointed.

Not really. I go to the two TSC stores in London occasionally and they never have much of what is in the flyer, unless you hit them at the right time. All fishing tackle in my local stores is now gone. Still have hunting stuff though.

I have gone back to a liquidation store in Brantford that my wife dragged me into called Channel Control. 2 Shimano rods for 30 bucks each. Both 40% off sticker price. A few tables of tackle all 30% off. Live Target for 12 bucks. Worm harnesses $1.50. I went back there to get a 75,000 total BTU Propane that is convertible to NG which I have now for $160.00. If it lasts 3 years I'm good with that, I don't even need it, that will be 3 I have now. A pal that took a ride with me bought 1 as well. A lady behind me snagged 10. The closest comparable BBQ at Home Depot is $325.00 but propane only and 45,000 BTU. Solar lights $1.25 each. Racks and racks of clothes all 40% off, most from Target but many name brands too like Izod and Bill Blass. A Dri-Fit brand name long sleeve shirt was 8 bucks, great for the boat in summer.

Just off Wayne Gretzky south of the 403 in the industrial plaza behind Home Depot.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I have gone back to a liquidation store in Brantford that my wife dragged me into called Channel Control. 2 Shimano rods for 30 bucks each. Both 40% off sticker price. A few tables of tackle all 30% off. Live Target for 12 bucks. Worm harnesses $150.00. I went back there to get a 75,000 total BTU Propane that is convertible to NG which I have for $160.00. A pal that took a ride with me bought 1 as well. The same BBQ at Home Depot is $325.00 but propane only. Solar lights $125.00. Racks and racks of clothes all 40% off. A Dri-Fit brand name long sleeve shirt was 8 bucks.

I hope that's a typo!

I have gone back to a liquidation store in Brantford that my wife dragged me into called Channel Control. 2 Shimano rods for 30 bucks each. Both 40% off sticker price. A few tables of tackle all 30% off. Live Target for 12 bucks. Worm harnesses $1.50. I went back there to get a 75,000 total BTU gas BBQ, side burner and stainless hood. Propane that is convertible to NG which I have now for $160.00. If it lasts 3 years I'm good with that. A pal that took a ride with me bought 1 as well. A lady behind me snagged 10. The comparable BBQ at Home Depot is $325.00 but propane only. Solar lights $1.25 each. Racks and racks of clothes all 40% off, most from Target but many name brands too like Izod and Bill Blass. A Dri-Fit brand name long sleeve shirt was 8 bucks, great for the boat in summer.

Just off Wayne Gretzky south of the 403 in the industrial plaza behind Home Depot.

Yea I fixed it. What's a few zero's. $150.00 for a worm harness is steep! 22 bucks for a good quality Coleman BBQ cover.

Our TSC store in Simcoe can't come close to Princess Auto anywhere unless you are into farming. I never saw fishing tackle there.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I went in the last week for a new pair of work boots they had on sale. One left in my size. I pulled them out to try them on and noticed all the packing was shredded. Thought that's odd, moved it around and seen mouse droppings everywhere. There was a nest in one of the boots...