why are we being fed by a poison expert

GbayGiant

Sugars derived from gmo plants cannot be distinguished from non-gmo plants....even in a lab

GMO concern is about much more than the food it generates though. And many GMO foods can be differentiated from their "natural" counterparts by the effect Glyphosate has on metallic minerals and metalloproteins in the plant. In a "no till Roundup field", corn contains Glyphosate and Formaldehyde, which non-gmo corn does not. The "normal" corn does contain minerals such as potassium, calcium, and magnesium, which were virtually absent in the Roundup corn.

Roundup Ready crops are pretty much a monoculture (meaning genetically identical and without genetic diversity). As Roundup Ready crops supplant and eventually eliminate their natural counterparts, the world's food supply will be increasing susceptible to a single pathogen. This is poor planning. Mother Nature knew what she was doing with biodiversity.

There is also the issue of whether people are okay with a corporation controlling the world's food supply. This isn't scare mongering, in my opinion this is Monsanto's goal. When the only crops left are Monsanto's, do I have to pay them or starve? Is access to food (our at least the right to grow your own) not a human right? Monsanto had sued farmers because the farmer's crop became pollinated with Monsanto pollen. The court sided with Monsanto because they have a patent and the farmer didn't pay to have Monsanto seed. How is this just? Should the farmer not be the one suing Monsanto for polluting his crops?

It's a complicated topic, let's not reduce it to comparing sugar in a lab. Monsanto would love that.

Edited by Dutch01

Correct me if I am wrong , but would not wheat have to be genetically modified to be Roundup resistant otherwise if you used Roundup/ Glyphosate on a wheat field to controll weeds it would kill the wheat as well. But some one just said the is no GMO wheat???

Edited by dave524

At the end of the day, no matter your belief, common sense plays the master role in ones health. Lots of fruits and veggies. Very little animal product. If you can't pronounce it, God bless and good luck to ya.

Started eating clean 2 years ago and the difference is night and day. When I do stray and indulge a bit, boy do I feel it.

GMO concern is about much more than the food it generates though. And many GMO foods can be differentiated from their "natural" counterparts by the effect Glyphosate has on metallic minerals and metalloproteins in the plant. In a "no till Roundup field", corn contains Glyphosate and Formaldehyde, which non-gmo corn does not. The "normal" corn does contain minerals such as potassium, calcium, and magnesium, which were virtually absent in the Roundup corn.

Roundup Ready crops are pretty much a monoculture (meaning genetically identical and without genetic diversity). As Roundup Ready crops supplant and eventually eliminate their natural counterparts, the world's food supply will be increasing susceptible to a single pathogen. This is poor planning. Mother Nature knew what she was doing with biodiversity.

There is also the issue of whether people are okay with a corporation controlling the world's food supply. This isn't scare mongering, in my opinion this is Monsanto's goal. When the only crops left are Monsanto's, do I have to pay them or starve? Is access to food (our at least the right to grow your own) not a human right? Monsanto had sued farmers because the farmer's crop became pollinated with Monsanto pollen. The court sided with Monsanto because they have a patent and the farmer didn't pay to have Monsanto seed. How is this just? Should the farmer not be the one suing Monsanto for polluting his crops?

It's a complicated topic, let's not reduce it to comparing sugar in a lab. Monsanto would love that.

?

Edited by GbayGiant

Did you happen to watch the vid I put up? Thoughts?

Correct me if I am wrong , but would not wheat have to be genetically modified to be Roundup resistant otherwise if you used Roundup/ Glyphosate on a wheat field to controll weeds it would kill the wheat as well. But some one just said the is no GMO wheat???

there isn't gmo wheat. When a field of wheat dies off and there is no more plant uptake a farmer may choose to do a "pre harvest". Which is to spray the crop with round up to clean up the weeds in the field to aid in better thrashing. Combines don't run wet material thru them very well. It's not a very common practice,as it's another pass thru the field spending money.

Ok, so on a "normal"field of corn,what is used for weed control?

You're correct that technically selective breeding is a form of genetic modification. But that doesn't mean genetic modification is no more than selective breeding accelerated. You can never selectively breed pig genes into a fish, for example.

As for probable carcinogens, sure there are lots. It doesn't mean that I want to intake an industrial de-scaling agent with my vegetables, and it is becoming increasingly hard to make an informed choice. Monsanto spends hundreds of millions of dollars fighting labeling so that I can't make an informed choice about what I eat.

I would encourage everyone to watch the video I posted. It's not a slick Al Gore style "documentary" (does that qualify as an oxymoron?). It is a lecture about how Glyphosate works, in the field and in your body.

There is no round up ready veggies so your good bud. I watched the vid..... Smh

Did you happen to watch the vid I put up? Thoughts?

I watched 5 minutes of it, the same amount of time I gave to OP's video's. I concede that I can't judge that video from a five minute segment, but I don't have 30 minutes right now. I have however done literally dozens of hours of my own reading on this topic so I feel well enough informed.

One interesting point that could easily be missed in your video, is amid all the talk about how "special interest groups" are making a farmer's life harder, they point out that Europe has already banned GMO crops. I haven't heard of a mass famine over there after all their farmers went out of business.

I haven't argued for a ban on Glyphosate. Although I would like to see one, I'm not usually one to advocate prohibitions as solutions. In the end a ban may not be necessary. If the masses want non-GMO crops (and I'm not saying they do yet, just saying if), then farmers will have to grow what people want or go out of business. That's how markets work. So how does Monsanto fight the will of the consumer? They spend the kind of resources that some small countries could only dream of to fight labelling efforts, thereby restricting our ability to choose.. I don't think that's right. But that's just my opinion. I'm not saying that you aren't entitled to your own.

Ok, so on a "normal"field of corn,what is used for weed control?

It was described as a "non-round up, organic field". They did not specify the method of pest control but obviously we all know they used something. Whatever they used did not result in Glyphosate being present at 13ppm and Formaldehyde at 200ppm. I'd say that's a plus.

You're going to focus on semantics now? You knew, or ought to have known what I meant.

I knew...

Just bugs me when people think they've done research only to find out it's not science based.the Internet is full of misinformation. Like the sugar comment,it's science based.

It was described as a "non-round up, organic field". They did not specify the method of pest control but obviously we all know they used something. Whatever they used did not result in Glyphosate being present at 13ppm and Formaldehyde at 200ppm. I'd say that's a plus.

probably only a 2ac field. Lol.

Would you be able to show where you received that info on ppm ?

The sugar comment has been addressed. Factual or not, it is not the only area of concern for some people.

What do you have invested in this conversation that makes you think it's okay to be condescending to me? When I eat Edamame with my Sushi, I think of it as a vegetable. That doesn't mean that the reading I've done is invalid, and it doesn't warrant a "smh" in my opinion.

probably only a 2ac field. Lol.

Would you be able to show where you received that info on ppm ?

No, because the reading I've done is invalid, because I referred to soy as a vegetable. Google is your friend.

I don't know you, and I don't care what you think about my opinion. Not as in "I don't care what you think man!", just as in I have no interest in trying to argue this out with you.

If the food is bad are people who eat more (say twice as much) getting sick twice as much?

It's not a given that double any substance equates to double the affect. Does smoking two packs a day give you twice as big a tumor as smoking one pack a day?

T'm positive that my stomach issues are all due to the crap being done to our food. :(

Im with you Drifter, and its most likely the cause of most of the cancers, with all the chemicals and preservatives added to our foods to make them last for months and years, they can blame exhaust fumes from vehicles, and make us pay for the cash grab E test, but it didnt reduce cancer, or the weed killer used to rid noxious weeds, or all the other pesticides ie DDT, Cloradane, Aldrin etc and so on, the problem with those products was the misuse, and over applying and not reading labels, we have evolved into a society where both husband and wife work unlike past generations, and prepackaged food is the norm no a days, where you come home thorw it in the microwave and diners ready in less then 5 minutes. Sorry for the rant and getting off topic somewhat