Centre Lake near Cardiff

jjcanoe

Headed up to the area to open up the trailer this weekend. Our lake is still a sanctuary (no fishing at all) until the following weekend. Was thinking about putting the boat in on Centre Lake for a bit of splake fishing on Sunday after all the chores are done as a reward for the kids working extra hard (I hope) prepping the trailer for the summer. Anyone have some advice for this lake? PMed info will be kept in strict confidence!

Thanks jjcanoe

Tough lake. I've had better luck in other nearby lakes, most of which are only accessible by canoe.

If I recall correctly, they stopped stocking splake in Centre several years ago and switched over to brookies instead.

If your luck is different, please do share. Sorry if I bursted a bubble.

No worries and thanks for the info, brookies have been stocked for the last few years in there according to Fish online website. Might try another lake also but Centre is so close and I'm itching to take the boat out lol. Canoed around in Centre a few years ago and saw lots jumping, but had no fishing gear with me (go figure) looks like a nice enough lake.