A GREAT ESCAPE!

Hey guys!

It's been quite some time since I've had anything to post. Truth be told I haven't been fishing since late last summer. With the three kids playing hockey and work keeping me busy it just hasn't been in the cards.

I've recently picked up some new camera gear and wanted to put it to the test in a real-world shooting situation so I approached the good folks at the LPRCA to see if I could do a mini-doc on the spring set-up of one of my favourite places in the world - The Deer Creek Conservation Area. I think it turned out well and wanted to share it with my fishing friends. This isn't an ad or commercial that I'm trying to push. I did it as a personal project and am very thankful that my friends at the LPRCA were kind enough to donate their time and park.  

If you've never been to Deer Creek you should definitely check it out. It doesn't matter how windy the big lake gets, you can always fish this little gem of a lake and it's saved my Saturday plans more than once.

Hope you enjoy the vid and have an awesome Mother's day!

Cheers,

Ryan

You are a talent Ryan. Great little diddy this is.

Thanks bud.. hope all is well on your end!

good looking video

Thanks Terry!

That is very sweet Ryan. Thats PROFFESIONAL quality.

Thanks Bri - I do get paid to make videos for a living so I suppose you could say I'm a "professional" lol My dad used to take hockey team photos and someone told him once that he was a "pro". My dad responded with kind of "not really, its just hockey team photos"... The guy goes, "do you get paid to take them?" my dad says "yes" and the guy tells him. "Well if you're getting paid to do it, then you're a pro" ... haha anyway you just made me remember that story so I thought I'd share it. I'm always learning and trying to come up with new techniques.

Beautiful video, wow!

Thanks!

wow ! excellent production values there. do I see slider and boom work or you steadicamming some shots ?

Thanks Woddenboater. I mean I have a ton of gear. Slider, Drones, Ronin ( which replaced my old steadicam... ) and used pretty much all of it for this shoot. I still keep my steadicam around though for backup because it doesn't require batteries or use motors or anything... good old school tech that never fails.