Shakedown on the shakedown trip (called city hall)

if you read the last three lines of my post you would see i agree with you

but we also need to understand the other side and try to work together rather than fighting

This is true

I am glad the poster showed some reserve here. There was nothing worse then when I was 18 working a summer job and some idiot decided to tear me a new one.

I used to drive the hay ride at a pick your own farm and we had a rule that kids and adults were not allowed to sit with their feet hanging off of the front or sides of the wagon due to the risk of someone falling off of the trailer and going under the wheels of the trailer. (i actually had some idiot trying to take a photo of his family on the wagon hang off of the trailer as it was moving and fall off and nearly die)

The amount of times i got yelled at by ignoramuses that wanted to fight with me about the "rules"

Come on im 18 years old I am just doing what I am told.

If anyone else comes upon the situation, please show some restraint. Your best bet is to just keep on fishing. If the person says you cant fish here, simply state, yes i can, the marina cannot own the water, please feel free to call the authorities and simply continue on with your day.

Why not just call the marina and ask?

Marina staff said there was no fishing and that there was a bylaw. I'm going to the source. I also have a very strong suspicion as to what the marina will say, although asking them to cite the bylaw number might be amusing, better to see their face in person.

Damaging boats and fishing in a marina are 2 seperate issues... Casting lures at someone's expensive boat in an attempt to get within inches is irresponsible and should not be done...

I've resorted to completely ignoring the marinas and land owners cause 9/10 start argueing with me when I've tried to educate then and just upset me... If I ignore em and keep fishing they give up quicker and leave me be...