Trapping minnows

Count your lucky stars as far as Jacks enthusiasm with the outdoors. I knew a guy that finally caught his dream and bought the country home on 40 acres with a natural stream pond and a large wood lot he could call his own to hunt and fish on. 25 minutes from Lake Nipissing. His son was petrified of the water and would not go near it let alone on it and refused to hold a gun. It crushed him.

Brings back a lot of memories of when my son was that age. Soak as much as that in as you can. They grow quick!!

S.

My thoughts exactly. It seems like yesterday we were down at the creek catching tadpoles and minnows and now he's off to the Amazon River to do a species at risk study for the summer. I'm a proud father but mom isn't so keen on the creatures her son is catching now, they have big teeth!

Edited by G.mech

Jack's getting quite the education in bushcraft already. He's definitely right at home in the forest, love it!

I love the part where he imitates the grouse…so cute.

Count your lucky stars as far as Jacks enthusiasm with the outdoors. I knew a guy that finally caught his dream and bought the country home on 40 acres with a natural stream pond and a large wood lot he could call his own to hunt and fish on. 25 minutes from Lake Nipissing. His son was petrified of the water and would not go near it let alone on it and refused to hold a gun. It crushed him.

Jack has known nothing else but the outdoors from day one so we had a head start on that unfortunate guy, he still loves his iPad and dvdd, but tell him we are going to lac Seul and everything else is on hold!!!…..lol.

Brings back a lot of memories of when my son was that age. Soak as much as that in as you can. They grow quick!!

S.

They do, I keep threatening him that I am going to stop feeding him…he just giggles and says…."Dad…your fibbing!"

Awesome! I really enjoyed your video. That little guy is growing fast. Pretty soon Jack will be helping you across the creek! LOL!

LOL…sooner than he might think too, the cortisone injection I got in my knee only gave relief for a week, I'm hobbling around again and its getting worse!

My thoughts exactly. It seems like yesterday we were down at the creek catching tadpoles and minnows and now he's off to the Amazon River to do a species at risk study for the summer. I'm a proud father but mom isn't so keen on the creatures her son is catching now, they have big teeth!

Wow, no wonder you are proud, sounds like a great 'kid' you have there.

Great video! Cant beat everlasting memories!! Well done.

Thanks, we have a wealth of video memories to look back on.

My Dad and I had a relationship when it came to the outdoors. When I asked him if we could spend sometime "outdoors" together? He told me to get in the 59' Chevy station wagon so I could go outdoors with him to mix concrete. I never asked again. 110% true story.