Fluorocarbon to Braid

Match your leader to the lures you're throwing. I tie 50lb flouro leaders for smaller baits and use my musky leaders for throwing bigger lures. Keep an eye on your leaders and replace as necessary. I've only lost one fish on 50lb and it was a beat up leader. I'd stay at 50lb or larger. 20lb is risking it.

Ya I see that with small pike to. If you get a feeling or are looking at your bait and see them coming and let them hit without moving your bait it will happen less. Small pike are like teenage girls just a little flighty.

I use the Stay Loc titanium 9 inch because I usually get 200 fish before it breaks at $8/per. Little expensive but I have had no break off since then.

And also support a Canadian guy Bernard is a Chinese Canadian guy you likely seen him at any Sports, Tackle show with a wonder wire do dat for musky. Also invented that spin drop shot thing and sold it for millions. Maybe not that much but said his kids are taken care of.

When I was trying large lb flouro leaders fishing a Muskoka tournament I watched a 40 inch caliber just coast up mouth open and one bite my bait 4inch of a expensive flouro and a cherished bait just gone. And the missible pr..k spit the bait and just coasted off.

Next day I threw that junk out.

Edited by Garnet

i'm of the opinion that if you truly want to be 100% bite proof, you use wire. i don't care if it's 300lb fluoro, there's a possibility those razors in my esox's mouth will slice through it.

Edited by Raf