Renting a parking spot for boat

lakerguy

Well.....made a few phone calls last night on places around our area to store boat. (neighbour of ours gave me a few contacts) I brought up his name with one of the fellas I was chatting with and it's clear this guy has a bit of a reputation in the area. Looks like we found a good spot now,told him what our plans are and who uses the boat etc etc. all good.

ok, then i would say you paid for boat/trailer parking and it should not make any difference who hooks on to the trailer to launch the boat

he is tiring to screw you

YUP

Think he,s being a bit of a dick myself.

YUP!!!

It's your boat..... This guy sounds like a jackass or just really REALLY stupid.

Ya,apparently he is....both. Couple of the stories I heard last night. Few years ago he tried to screw a cottage owner over a dock build I guess that went to court. 3500$ dock turned into over 9 grand.

Ya,apparently he is....both. Couple of the stories I heard last night. Few years ago he tried to screw a cottage owner over a dock build I guess that went to court. 3500$ dock turned into over 9 grand.

Other than the parking deal I had with him I never really knew much about him. Just to say hi and a bit of small talk here and there. I'm not one for confrontation,so I will just likely avoid him in the future

All I can add is your problem certainly isn't going to get solved here, go see the guy.. you're paying HIM after all. See what the deal is for real and what the issue is. Could be something as simple as he thinks your family members should have registered with him, for all he knows the strange vehicle is stealing your boat.

Not a lot different than a campground. You pay for your seasonal site and it includes you, wife and kids. Visitors pay extra to stay overnight. Others are not generally allowed to just show up and use your trailer.

All I can add is your problem certainly isn't going to get solved here, go see the guy.. you're paying HIM after all. See what the deal is for real and what the issue is. Could be something as simple as he thinks your family members should have registered with him, for all he knows the strange vehicle is stealing your boat.

Not a lot different than a campground. You pay for your seasonal site and it includes you, wife and kids. Visitors pay extra to stay overnight. Others are not generally allowed to just show up and use your trailer.

Your absolutely right,I'm not going to try and make an issue out of this. I probably in the end have a chat with him and see what he has to offer and what we would like to expect. No biggie, just thought I would share in public my experience and get a bit of feed back from it and to move forward with.

He did however knew who was going to be using the boat.

Edited by lakerguy