Best restaurants in Mississauga

mike rousseau

Fish and chips at 5th street and lakeshore is the best on the planet. (I don't know the name we just always call em 5th street)

Fire pit at hurontario and Britannia is my fave for burgers

Skyway jacks on Mississauga road and Britannia makes a huge breakfast.

If you like sushi, heart sushi on Britannia and Mavis is really good.

If you have a set of wheels to drive to Hamilton, there is an absolute smorgasbord of options here, a lot of new places have popped up in the past year that are fantastic, saltlick smokehouse, mesa, Jack & lois, hambrgr, charred rotisserie, Chicago style pizza to name a good bunch

I grew up at Dixie and queensway

Burgers. Apache and C&Dubbs

Pizza. Marconi or Pizza King (both take out or delivery)

Wings. Wacky wings is newer and a good sports bar

On the higher end

Axia - Asian fusion around Winston Churchill and eglington

Walkers fish market

Lots of cool spots on north side of square one mall - Ruth crisp steakhouse too

An absolute ton of great spots in port credit by the river

Michaels back doors is great Italian in clarkson village

Where are you staying? There are so many wonderful places to eat, what sort of food would you like?

Hilton on Mississauga road

Mostly looking for fairly standard food as we are a group of 5 and want to please everyone... No tai or sushi or anything like that

Like good bars with good food

Mostly looking for fairly standard food as we are a group of 5 and want to please everyone... No tai or sushi or anything like that

Your right in my backyard Mike. I would only recommend;

Gabriels Restaurant $$$$- walking distance from the hotel at the corner of Erin Mills Parkway & Mississauga Road (& not as formal as their website appears). If you do go there, tell them I referred you.

The following are in Streetsville, a 3 minute drive:

Mondello Ristarante $$$

Goodfellas Pizza $$$

Chuculainns Irish Pub $$

Burrito Boyz $$ take away only

Buffalo Wild Wings $$$ a five minute drive to Meadowvale.

If your up for a get together, shoot me a pm.

Edited by pikeslayer

Ill second Goodfellas

Anothergood one close to where you are is Union Social Eatery. In the plaza w tims at mississauga road and derry

South of you Mississauga road is Rib Eye Jacks epic beer list seriously thijk they have over 200 beers in the menu, good tasting flights and a good steak

Cheers

Gordy

PS as a musky guy try to check out JBS DEPOT if youve never been 401 and Kipling one of the better musky selections jn the GTA

Oh! I totally forgot, the Live Bait and Ale house out in Milton just off of the highway is amazing. We had one of the OFC meetups there before. I never thought I would like a veggie burger but they had a black bean burger there that was probably better then most beef burgers around. Its worth a look.

Your right in my backyard Mike. I would only recommend;

Gabriels Restaurant $$$$- walking distance from the hotel at the corner of Erin Mills Parkway & Mississauga Road (& not as formal as their website appears). If you do go there, tell them I referred you.

If your up for a get together, shoot me a pm.

Right next to it is a fantastic beer place

Rib Eye Jack's Ale House a very good selection of craft beers. The food is pretty good as well.

Halifax Donair in Milton since we are way out of Missisausage now. But to really appreciate a donair, you need to drink beer all night then go to the Palace till closing and eat one on the walk home dripping the sauce on your shirt and shoes. Nothing better, and you can still taste it in the morning.

(Anyone that spent time in Halifax at a younger age will know what I am talking about. Halifax Donair is authentic though).

Edited by Canuck

Mike you're just staying down the street from me if you want really good food with a bar atmosphere and restaurant atmosphere stop over at Gabriel's you won't regret it

Bill the owner is a great guy and one of my customers.

Edited by jose

Mike you're just staying down the street from me if you want really good food with a bar atmosphere and restaurant atmosphere stop over at Gabriel's you won't regret it

Bill the owner is a great guy and one of my customers.

I'm there right now having a beer waiting for Pikeslayer lol

The rest of my group wasn't adventurous enough to try be places and we are at chains all week

Thanks everyone

Edited by Mike Rousseau