Using Navionics on Lowrance HDS 7

fishnguy

It appears you are using the Navionics + chip. If so, you need to go the 'Chart Options' menu and turn on 'Fish'n Chip" and the detailed sonar charts should show up. Your chart source of course has to be set to 'Navionics' first and not 'Lowrance'.

Edited by G.mech

I have a HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit and have a Navionics Premium card that works great.........just got the new unit in early March and had no problems with it reading that card or the Insight mapping that came with it.

What HDS7 unit do you have. Maybe I can walk you through it......

I have a HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit and have a Navionics Premium card that works great.........just got the new unit in early March and had no problems with it reading that card or the Insight mapping that came with it.

The Premium card was discontinued as of Jan 1 2016, I hope you got a good deal on it....

As others said, fish n chip in settings.

I hate navionics, got a hotmaps platinum two years ago, and of course you cant do the 99 dollar upgrade to navionics+, but with every other possible card you can, even competitors cards. What sense does that make. So, now i have to buy another navionics + or sell my gen1 hds8 and upgrade to share maps