Anyone experience this before? - Minn Kota Terrova issue

BillM

Had lots of Minn Kota issues.foot pedals are famous and just had a circuit board go boom on my Maxum

Other thing to check is the armature there known for the commutater sliding down the shift causes overheating of brushes and brush Plate acts up more with higher demand

I'm not expert on this stuff but I had issues with my Powerdrive V2 foot pedal last season. Took it to a licensed minn kota repair guy two weeks ago and he took my old one and handed me a brand new one in a bag...simple as that but perhaps that's because mine is less than a year old and under warranty?..

good luck finding a solve

fuse or circuit breaker maybe? I have a 24v riptide and my breaker was shot after 2 years, went with a generic inline 60amp fuse as it was fair bit cheaper than replacing the breaker and just keep extra fuses in the boat

Mine had the same issue as you described. It was a weak breaker. Simple by pass test to rule this out.

That's what I keep on reading man, the damn foot pedal. I'll see if I can find a local Barrie OFC'r with a Terrova or Riptide and try their pedal and see if that resolves the issue (I'm guessing it will)

Manage to find one yet bill? You're welcome to borrow mine anytime. I'm in alcona. I'll send you a pm with my phone number.

Had lots of Minn Kota issues.foot pedals are famous and just had a circuit board go boom on my Maxum

Other thing to check is the armature there known for the commutater sliding down the shift causes overheating of brushes and brush Plate acts up more with higher demand

I burnt two MK trolling motors, well, burnt one, then it was "repaired" (Aikmans) and re-burnt...overheating of the bushes both times.

but my replacement has been flawless.

Mine had the same issue as you described. It was a weak breaker. Simple by pass test to rule this out.

Im still using the same powerdrive i bought from you like 10 years ago. Never had a single problen with it. I have replaced a couple foot pedals, but i dont take care of them anyways lol....

Still works as good now as it did when i got it off you.

S.

Im still using the same powerdrive i bought from you like 10 years ago. Never had a single problen with it. I have replaced a couple foot pedals, but i dont take care of them anyways lol....

Still works as good now as it did when i got it off you.

S.

Good to hear Sinker!

I'll let you know when I buy another new one and maybe you will be ready for an upgrade to my 80 Terrova. LOL