Finally got my first carp.

Garcia96

I finally got the carp biting! While using corn and worms and looked like a day I was going to be fished out , I hooked a approximately 2-2 1/2 ft carp on the old worm with split shots. Couldn't get the weight in as I went to revive the fish a bit before I took the picture he rolled and snapped the line with hook still in his lip :(. Was a amazing fight! But I am worried about the chance of survival for the fish ?? Tiny little bronze hook stuck on his lip. Will he survive???

Congrats on your first !!!...It is still too early up this way for carp...got to try for crappie/bluegills soon...my earliest carp came in May...Some pull on your string eh?

Edited by Beans

That ole carp will be just fine. Grats

Congrats on your first !!!...It is still too early up this way for carp...got to try for crappie/bluegills soon...my earliest carp came in May...Some sure like to pull on your string eh?

:clapping:

Thanks guys! I was surprised on the size too! But glad to hear he will be fine. I read online that tests show they don't rust out... But I think that's more if the hook was swallowed ? I hear people say they hate going for carp but I think carp and suckers are too underrated ! Good fight and beautiful fish! Sorry for no pics. Next Time !

Even in the winter when their metabolism slows, carp will still eat( although much less ), Garcia. The other time when they are tough to catch is when you observe them spawning.

When you see them in the shallows, rolling and splashing in a group and generally making a ruckus, those are spawning fish! Pretty neat to watch but not to fish. I observed this last spring one day and just moved off to another location in the bay where the carp weren't in such an amorous mood and I still managed to catch two fish that morning.