A Good Couple Days

pooch

Another year, another board format. Not sure how to post pictures from shutterfly, but I'll have to figure it out some other time. For now follow the links. New site loks pretty that's for sure.

Tuesday spend a couple hours on Upper buckhorn, launched near Gannon's Narrows, and fished south of the bridge. Tried some trolling for the first hour, which was unsuccessful, trolled 12' FOW off a rocky shoreline. Made a pass by the bridge, and decided to cast the opposite shore. Drifted/maneuvered over 10 FOW, which seemed to be the weed edge. Had a nice follow within 15 minutes. I was throwing a walleye patterned Jake. Jerk and steady retrieves. Had the follow on a steady retrieve. Figure 8, fan casted the area, nothing more. Continued my drift along the weed edge. About 20 minutes later (after contemplating how frustrating muskie fishing can be) felt a solid hit, and set the hooks home. Good boil on the water, and some nice runs boat side. One hand on the rod, and the other setting up the camera for a self photo. Got the fish in the boat and a quick pic. Picture was crap (got to learn more about the self portrait stuff), but added the photo to the collection. Not many muskie trips for me this year, so was glad to finish the 06 season with a decent Kawartha ski. Heavy healthy fish, fat and frisky to go. Released strong. No measurements, struggled enough getting the pic. I figure low 40's.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6cf3...6108AcMmrZw2YtL

Wednesday got a call from my old boss, he wanted to hit the BOQ for a trophy eye. Didn't really want to miss the last day in the Kawartha’s, but I surrendered. We launched off George St. Neither of us had fished this water, so we were going to have to get lucky to get a fish. No maps either. Trolled across from the launch, nothing showing on the electronics, and nothing hitting. We motored a bit further away from the launch (3 kms towards Mohawk Bay. Trolled 17 ft of water, lures were down 6-7 ft, one on a side planer, the other long-line. Overcast skies, not a hint of a breeze. Glass everywhere. started marking fish in a specific area, and there goes my inline planer. Bobbing up and down like an old red & white. My second time using the side planer, first fish. Pretty easy to set up, tough to reel in though. Took my time getting the planer in. Released the planner and felt the fish, first impression: solid. My walleye experience is limited to the Kawartha's, so I'm used to the odd 2-3 lbr's. This was no 2-3 lbr. Finally got a sight of it, and it was easily my PB. Noticed the lure went from completely engulfed in its mouth to hanging off the last hook on the edge of its mouth. Get the net! In the boat it comes. No measurements again, took some quick pictures, and got it back in the water. Released with a big wave of its tail. No idea size, very healthy fall fish. Continued trolling the area, and marked more fish. No more takers for the day. We were happy with a fish, considering it was our first trip there. Certainly not our last trip. When I figure how to splice out the swearing on our 30 second video, I’ll try and post it. Gives a better impression of the size and girth of this fish. Good luck to all those hitting the BOQ this weekend, should be a good time.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6cf3...6108AcMmrZw2YtL