Pike Fishing Trip - Canal/Mitchell/Balsam

FishFinder17

31 pike is what balsam has to offer. The tiger muskies are legal. Muskoka is a different game a 40 is a little small and they are like rice bass they don't suffer fools.

June on balsam is crazy for walleyes. My guys have booked 4 days in a row. I'm in the money.

I'm not sure what you mean by legal....They are classed as a Muskie and follow the same size limits and possession limits as a Muskie.

Just pointing this out in case some read it the wrong way..

I'm not sure what you mean by legal....They are classed as a Muskie and follow the same size limits and possession limits as a Muskie.

Just pointing this out in case some read it the wrong way..

40 inch pike is also not a small fish :dunno:

40 inch pike is also not a small fish :dunno:

He means pike are invasive in FMZ17 and open all year round so keeping all of them no matter the size is a good thing. Musky and Tiger Musky fall under the standard Musky rules.

Please keep all the pike you catch for a feed. Check out the annual Balsam Pike Fest...

No tigers are classed as tigers and fall into the pike half of there life. We phoned from Balsam .

News to me. Every MNRF Biologist I have ever talked to has said they were to be classed as a Muskie because the maternal parent was a female Muskie.

I'm not saying your wrong, but it is something that I will do more research on to get a definitive answer.

Leave it with me and I will get back with some information.

News to me. Who did you phone? Every MNRF Biologist I have ever talked to has said they were to be classed as a Muskie because the maternal parent was a female Muskie.

I'm not saying your wrong, but it is something that I will do more research on to get a definitive answer.

Leave it with me and I will get back with some information.

Direct answer from the MNRF

As per page 8 of the 2016 Ontario Fishing Regulations Summary

"Muskellunge for the purposes of this summary, Muskellunge includes Muskellunge and Hybrids of Muskellunge and Northern Pike"

bang on!