Let's Go Blue Jays !!!

Beans

the bats arent going and they are still in every single game and are winning as well...no complaints the bats will come to life soon.

bautista and eddy have like like 2 home runs this year a piece? come on...wait till he starts cracking them outta the park.

• 2 weeks later...

So Smoak hits two homeruns Tuesday. One in the 9th to tie and then a walkoff in the 10th. Side note: I love how since the walkoff homerun was a 2-run shot so this game doesn't count towards the "one-run game" stats.

And then Martin goes 2 for 4 with the walkoff hit in the 9th last night.

Just looking at the post above me thinking Tulo is coming around on the 23rd of April, while watching last night I've never seen a man so frustrated at himself trying to hit a high fastball.

However, I really liked the look of Martin's swing when he got the walkoff hit. That is the stroke that got him paid in the past. Just slap at it and have it drop in right field.

I hope two consecutive walkoff wins will light a fire under these guys so they can gain some momentum. I haven't seen that dugout so look so serious and business like in a long time. No one looks like they're having fun. They are taking this very seriously, especially for early May. I think they maybe need to take a team trip over to Filmore's to loosen them up a bit and soften their hands. Too many guys gripping the bats way too hard.

They have a tough schedule ahead in the next few weeks with a couple interleague matchups on the way. If they don't keep their heads above water through the middle of May, they're going to come up against Boston and New York for 4 straight series. Although New York has looked a bit like a dumpster fire lately, you can't undervalue inter-division matchups, especially against Boston and New York.

• 2 weeks later...

I do too, but you have to admit, he went in hard and should have been expecting it.

When has a punch like that been thrown in the type of situation in a ball game?

Jose knows what most of us know. A big guy, or even a regular size guy, can't get into a fight with a little guy because you can't "win". If you smoke the little guy, it's all: "Well sure he picked on the little guy". And if he lands one sucker punch, everyone acts like David took down Goliath. It's the reason little guys are always running their mouths. They think they're tough when it's really that they are just not worth it.