Chapleau Air Services & Lee Cole

Chapleau Air Services has been run by Lee Cole of Deerborn MI for over 30 years. He used to attend the Toronto Sportsmens show and Novi Detroit MI show. He does not respond to post mail, phone calls etc. Does anybody know of his whereabouts?? His PO box is still open, but no repliues. His camps include Cree Lake, Ridley Lake and 6-7 other fly-in locations in the Chapleau area. He also ran Sunset Cabins with his airbase, but the phone is disconnected. Even talking to locals in the Foleyet area, nobody knows about him or his business. His planes were sitting serviced in Sault Ste Marie last season. Does anybody have an update to offer on Lee Cole or Chapleau Air Services??

Edited by maker a laker

I checked with a friend of mine who is a pilot and camp owner based in Sault Ste Marie and he tells me Lee is living on St Joseph's Island East of the Sault but that he is no longer operating.

Edited by G.mech

Check out Air Dale, new owners, Martin and Jen Wearn, the lakes and the camps would be an upgrade compare to Lee's stuff.

I'm assuming you have used Lee before. I'd be interested to hear how your trips were. I've portaged into quite a few of those lakes and I'm pretty sure Lee would have shot me if he had caught me back there, LOL.

Thanks for the helpful hints from a couple of members regarding the whereabouts of Lee Cole. Air Dale out of Wawa does not appear to be servicing the former camps of Chapleau Air Services, based on their website information. Does anyone know who is flying into Ridley Lake out of Chapleau. I know the camp is in use as I hear planes bringing in patrons on weekends when I am in the area. Curious who picked up the large suite of camps held by Chapleau Air Services within the last 1-2 years.

I wouldnt fly into Ridley anymore to be honest its accessed very easily from Foleyet. It has been hit hard by day trippers during the summer and winter. As for Cree its fished quite hard as well and considering its not a remote access lake.

Just a heads up cheers

Thanks for the helpful hints from a couple of members regarding the whereabouts of Lee Cole. Air Dale out of Wawa does not appear to be servicing the former camps of Chapleau Air Services, based on their website information. Does anyone know who is flying into Ridley Lake out of Chapleau. I know the camp is in use as I hear planes bringing in patrons on weekends when I am in the area. Curious who picked up the large suite of camps held by Chapleau Air Services within the last 1-2 years.

You sure it's not Air Ivanhoe flying into Biggs? Besides Air Ivanhoe, Canadian Airventures also flies into that area from Chapleau. Those would be the first two Air Services I'd call to find out if they are servicing those cabins.

• 1 year later...

Inquires regarding Lee Cole and Sunset View Camps & Chapleau Air Service:

Sunset View Camp is family owned and operated, though it has not fully operated since about 2008. The camp is currently not open to the public as it is undergoing repairs and upgrades.

As a family we understand the current state of the camp and offer apologies to any guests who have visited the camp(s) with disappointment. We sincerely apologize for any issue you've had with the camp or employees.

There will be no response to any correspondence about the camp regarding fishing trips, flying, hunting, etc. as we work through this transition with family.

The camp and any remaining outposts are private property and trespassing will not be tolerated. The camp and it's assets are not for sale.

Thank you for the update. Please let us know when it is open again and we can post the information in the business announcement section. If anyone has further input feel free to P.M. the info. to me so for now I am going to lock this and we can revisit it in the future.

Art