Looking for a pink downrigger rod...

anders

As the title suggests, im looking for a pink downrigger rod! I have been looking around and can not find anything. I know it may be a stretch but im just curious if anyone out there has seen one or would know of where to get one.

Thanks

Edited by anders

I know I can get rods generally used for other types of fishing. I know I can spray paint as well but would rather purchase one that is already pink. My daughter wants her own downrigger road, and we can settle on pink, just no princesses on it.

According to Lorne Green, some oldtimers will recognize the name, the Fenwick Riggersticks of the 80's and quite well thought of as a downrigger rod were simply Fenwick 9 foot 10 weight fibreglass fly rod blanks built as a downrigger rod. I built lots of them for myself and friends back then. If you could find a 10 weight flyrod blank in pink maybe you could have it built as a riggerstick, just a thought. If you go to mudhole.com you can search for pink blanks but I see nothing that I would recommend as a riggerstick.

Bubba Watson hits his driver 400 yards. It is pink too. His "Man" card and manhood is firmly intact. I have a few salmon coloured shirts and sweaters, some might say they are pink, so what. Colour has nothing to do with femininity.

I really don't think you are going to find a pink downrigger rod though. I have never seen one after long lining and downrigging for 35 years. Save yourself the headache and gas money and paint one pink.

Dave 524 has it nailed!

I used 9wt Fenwick 9'ers, and they were very forgiving of inexperienced anglers.

The key factors to look for in the blank are slow action, full bend, and inexpensive. No need for quick response that would be nice if using for casting.

WKRP.....if you are serious....PM maybe?

Gallie....that would be great...thanks

FloatnFly...thanks for the links I forgot about fishergirl

Thanks for all the input guys

WKRP.....if you are serious....PM maybe?

Gallie....that would be great...thanks

FloatnFly...thanks for the links I forgot about fishergirl

Thanks for all the input guys

I believe wkrp was making a well-concealed joke.