RIP Phife Dawg - the unofficial, official hip hop thread

AKRISONER

^^^ can't feel it on these two.

First one has a good message if I'm hearing it right

Had to cleanse the pallette lol

lol opposite reaction to czarface

to me its too rippity rap...if you feel me. Rapping about rapping kinda ish without the timelessness of something like the PR and CL.

TDE is the forefront of where rap is going right now...it definitely takes some adjusting, but if youve listened to To Pimp a Butterfly it was pretty obvious the whole sound was about to change and subsequently has.

crazy enough I give huggggeee credit to flying lotus for be revolutionary in that sense. You can see his influence all over the entire hip hop game now and dude was producing these sounds 10 years ago. Very interesting indeed.

Edited by AKRISONER

lol opposite reaction to czarface

to me its too rippity rap...if you feel me. Rapping about rapping kinda ish without the timelessness of something like the PR and CL.

TDE is the forefront of where rap is going right now...it definitely takes some adjusting, but if youve listened to To Pimp a Butterfly it was pretty obvious the whole sound was about to change and subsequently has.

crazy enough I give huggggeee credit to flying lotus for be revolutionary in that sense. You can see his influence all over the entire hip hop game now and dude was producing these sounds 10 years ago. Very interesting indeed.

Yeah it's not for everyone. But I've always loved the esoteridactyl and even moreso inspektah.

Ill give this a listen today and see what's up! You got great taste in hip hop brotha!

Wow! It must be good! I've heard his rap is very educational. Speaking on social issues etc.

Guess I'll find out lol

good god

youve heard good kid mad city right?

oh my goodness ahaha

listen to his lyrics dude...the song "drank" everyone stupid thought he was talking about poppin bottles and making girls flock to him....its a social commentary on the peer pressure related to substance abuse and how he doesnt agree with it at all...the song got famous cause everyone was like yaaaa drank i pop a few bottles and watch em all flock all the girls wanna play baywatch! so cool...actually not at all pal.

good god

youve heard good kid mad city right?

oh my goodness ahaha

listen to his lyrics dude...the song "drank" everyone stupid thought he was talking about poppin bottles and making girls flock to him....its a social commentary on the peer pressure related to substance abuse and how he doesnt agree with it at all...the song got famous cause everyone was like yaaaa drank i pop a few bottles and watch em all flock all the girls wanna play baywatch! so cool...actually not at all pal.

Cut me some slack lol.

You know I'm not up on the new hip hop/rap.

I've basically only checked stuff out you recommend

Cut me some slack lol.

You know I'm not up on the new hip hop/rap.

I've basically only checked stuff out you recommend

kendrick 10000% the best rapper in the game right now....and Good Kid mad city is certified classic

no one disagrees even the most famous rappers in the game all agree.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...