Fishing shows on TV

azen

Don't be so negative. At least it wasn't some guy trying as hard as he could to generate a marketable fake laugh while shilling Rapalas, wait no, live targets.

:rofl2:

For the most part I prefer shows that showcase bass and walleye fishing in Ontario. This is where I live and fish and any little tid-bit I can pick up on is a bonus for me.

yea......I get that the host is hawking his sponsors and really try to look past that as best as I can.

I don't care if the host is using a 3/4oz. Strike King Greg Hackney Platinum Signature Series Super Penetrateor Slop Master flipping jig, I do care about the 3/4oz. jig part. It's a starting point for me. Same with rods and reels. Length, action and gear ratio please. All measuring sticks to compare what I'm using with what they are using.

If we're talking shows Fishn Canada is still a must watch for me. It's been one of my favs for years. Fishful Thinking is another I watch most Saturdays. If you like muskies Keyes Outdoors on youtube is definitely worth checking out.

:rofl2:

For the most part I prefer shows that showcase bass and walleye fishing in Ontario. This is where I live and fish and any little tid-bit I can pick up on is a bonus for me.

yea......I get that the host is hawking his sponsors and really try to look past that as best as I can.

I don't care if the host is using a 3/4oz. Strike King Greg Hackney Platinum Signature Series Super Penetrateor Slop Master flipping jig, I do care about the 3/4oz. jig part. It's a starting point for me. Same with rods and reels. Length, action and gear ratio please. All measuring sticks to compare what I'm using with what they are using.

x2

i learn all i can about the gear used as in type of gear not so much brands

as far as the all the selling goes fishing shows are still a niche market so the only way to make money is sponsors

so to get that ten minutes of knowledge u have to put up with the 20 minutes of infomercial

now for pure entertainment i love MAJOR LEAGUE FISHING