Is a vehicle lost through the ice covered by Insurance?

Old Ironmaker

"Insurance isn't mean to cover stupidity or negligence'

Actually, that's exactly what it's meant to cover! Stupidity is built right into every policy. Now, negligence of the law is a different matter, and insurance won't cover those acts... such as a guy driving onto super thin ice with the intent of getting a new vehicle via full replacement coverage. If they can prove your intent was insurance fraud or criminal, bye bye coverage.

I think insurance is built for us to pay them hundreds of dollars a month with the intent of nothing to happen. Or so the companies wish. When something does happen it seems like pulling teeth to make anything happen. Then when it does, your premiums go up to the point that you may as well have just paid for it.

Biggest scam in history.

I'm not in auto insurance, so I can't say 100% the reason.

last time this question came up, I went to the auto dept and asked them this question.

I was advised that if the vehicle was moving, and it went through the ice, collision coverage would be required to claim under.

I was further advised that if the vehicle was parked, and went through the ice, comprehensive coverage would be required to claim under.

Although the auto policy is a statutory wording that all companies use, each company has their own way of adjusting claims.

Doesn't really matter to me, I'm not driving on any ice and even if I wanted to there is no access to any ice around here...once in a while you see somebody on the ice with a pickup and everybody just cringes..thats what snowmobiles are for