Rolling Stones

darsky

THE ROLLING STONES ANNOUNCE FREE CONCERT IN CUBA!

The Rolling Stones will perform a groundbreaking concert in Havana, Cuba on Friday March 25, 2016. The free concert will take place at the Ciudad Deportiva de la Habana and will be the first open air concert in the country by a British Rock Band. Always exploring new horizons and true pioneers of rock, the Stones, who have toured every corner of the globe, will bring their high octane performance and incredible music catalogue to the Caribbean for the first time ever.

Afford a ticket? Those poor folks can't afford a CD. I go every 4 or5 years and bring a suitcase full of stuff for the folks at the hotel. I always bring as much tackle as I can fit in my bags. You would flip if you saw the hooks these people use to fish with. Rusted, worn down, it's sad. I bring cheap mono and old tackle for them and you would think I gave them a new car. I brought 2 old baseball gloves there a few years ago and gave them to a bartender I met to give to his sons, he cried like a baby. If you ever go down what ever you bring for them is like winning a lottery for the working folks.

The only ones going to that concert are the elites from the Government or the 1% that have 99% of the wealth. Not an average working Cuban, no way, no how. That notion is ridiculous.

As far as health care I can tell you they are in good care at least. I broke my hand years ago and had better care than I would have had here. Cost? nada.

edit: Oh don't get me going about Cuba, do you know that if a Cuban citizen gets caught with a Caribbean Rock lobster in their position they can be imprisoned for 5 years? Lobsters are for us tourists. It's like being beamed down on another planet if you get off the resort and spend some time there. I have a pal that has lived there for 35 years and spent time with him off the reservation. He pays 400 bucks a month for a 2 bedroom apt. and that includes maid service. He makes his money exporting cigars to the US. The embargo was a joke.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Why are they going there now? Great Briton never had a trade embargo with Cuba as Canada didn't either. I have been to Cuba many times since 1975. Many items on the shelves in Habana with Our Compliments and Presidents Choice on the label. Why now?

All got to do with US trade embargo being lifted...