Missing baby in stolen car!

FloatnFly

An amber alert has been issued after a vehicle was stolen Sunday afternoon in north Etobicoke with a 3-month-old baby in the backseat.

The grey, four-door 1997 Toyota Camry with license plate BWRC 161 (replica pictured) was reported stolen at 3:41 p.m. Sunday at Albion Road and Highway 27 from Dr. Flea’s Flea Market. The vehicle was reported stolen by the child’s parents.

The child is described as a 3-month-old, white boy with short dark hair.

The suspect is a white man, in his early 40s (not in his early to mid-20s as initially reported), short blond hair, 5’11, medium build.

The vehicle was last seen headed northbound on Highway 27 at Albion Road.

Anyone who sees the vehicle is asked to call 416-808-2300 or 911 immediately.

The baby was located

That's a relief, thanks for the update. This happened around 3:41 PM and we didn't get the Amber Alert until exactly 9:36 PM. Why not earlier I wonder? Then it was only once unlike a few weeks ago when it came on every 30 minutes or so.

If the child was left in a running car the duffus should be charged with Child endangerment. I didn't find anything in the news this AM about it. Any links to the story. I don't want to hang the parent until I get more info.

the tool left his kid in the back seat while he went into the flea market.........

http://news.nationalpost.com/toronto/toronto-police-searching-for-three-month-old-baby-who-was-in-back-seat-of-stolen-grey-four-door-toyota-camry

A three-month-old baby in the back seat of a stolen car was found safe and sound Sunday night, about four hours after the theft.

Police received a tip from a member of the public about an infant in a car spotted in a parking lot in the city’s northwest, said Toronto Police Const. Craig Brister.

“They had seen a vehicle with a baby in the back seat and were concerned about the well-being of the child.”

The infant was unharmed and was being reunited with his family.

They had seen a vehicle with a baby in the back seat

The discovery followed a frantic search that led to an Amber Alert being issued and had a number of police forces responsible for the suburbs around Toronto, as well as the Ontario Provincial Police, on the lookout for the stolen vehicle.

The car was taken from a flea-market parking lot in Toronto’s west end Sunday afternoon, police said.

“A father (who) had been at the flea market had got out of his vehicle to go inside the flea market for whatever reason and had left his three-month-old infant in the back seat,” Brister said.

As the father came out of the market, his car was driving away. He gave chase on foot but couldn’t get to the driver.

As of Sunday night the police were still looking for a suspect, described as having blond hair and being in his 40s.

The response we had on social media was massive

Police were not ruling any motives for the theft in or out. Investigators were trying to determine whether the suspect even knew there was a baby in the back seat or whether he may have known the owner of the stolen car.

Police gave the search maximum publicity, with not only Toronto police but neighbouring forces flooding social media with descriptions of the car and the baby.

It was not immediately clear if the person who tipped police had seen the flood of publicity, but public concern about the child’s well-being was overwhelming said Brister, who was handling the social media portion of the police effort.

“The response we had on social media was massive,” Brister said. “The number of people that were asking questions, I couldn’t keep up.”

Idiot. I don't see where charges are pending. They have to charge the guy and convict him of stupidity. Some of the things I see is amazing. Last summer in Hamilton a guy had no less than 8 kids riding in the back of his pickup truck. I had him pull over and he did. He didn't speak a word of English nor did his 2 passengers in the cab. I guess that's something that is done overseas according to a teen riding in the back.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I heard the Amber Alert on the radio around 6pm last night, I think an hour before they found the kid. I heard that whoever found the car had heard about it via the Alert, so I guess it did its job.

That father needs to thank is lucky stars that whoever did this at least had the sense to ditch it when they realized what had happened. This could have been SO much worse than it already was. And for what? To save a whole minute of his time, taking the kid out of his seat to bring him in? damn. This stuff pissed me right off! And he left the car running?!!!! what the hell is wrong with him??? Seriously. "Don't judge" my ass. A parent's job is to look out for his or her kid(s). Period. Leaving a kid, ESPECIALLY an infant, alone, in a running vehicle (I assume not locked, too, unless he had a second key)... what the hell. If it wasn't someone trying to steal a car, but someone trying to steal a baby, this would have ended very differently. PROTECT YOUR KIDS.

Idiot. I don't see where charges are pending. They have to charge the guy and convict him of stupidity. Some of the things I see is amazing. Last summer in Hamilton a guy had no less than 8 kids riding in the back of his pickup truck. I had him pull over and he did. He didn't speak a word of English nor did his 2 passengers in the cab. I guess that's something that is done overseas according to a teen riding in the back.

It was done when I was a kid, too. lol

Wow.. a tough crowd. Many here are of the age that as long as you fit into a spot you went, whether it was a car, van, or truck box. No seat belts, no nanny state. Baby's rode in their mother's arms, not some wiz bang $2k car seat that instantly transforms into a stroller.

Flea market.. figure he put the baby in, started car to get the heat going and then was outside waiting for someone to bring what he bought or what not. What can you do when someone jumps in and rips off and who would ever expect that to happen?

Good thing is Baby is safe and Dad learned a life lesson.

Edited by irishfield

Wow.. a tough crowd. Many here are of the age that as long as you fit into a spot you went, whether it was a car, van, or truck box. No seat belts, no nanny state.

On the farm we put a couple of benches in the back of a 3 ton stake truck, drove 7 miles into town at 6 am to pick up a dozen or so pickers during cherry season and took them home at 3pm , then loaded it with cherries to go to the cannery after supper. We did tarp it if it started to rain. Think dad's 64 Pontiac was the first car we had with seat belts.

Wow.. a tough crowd. Many here are of the age that as long as you fit into a spot you went, whether it was a car, van, or truck box. No seat belts, no nanny state. Baby's rode in their mother's arms, not some wiz bang $2k car seat that instantly transforms into a stroller.

Flea market.. figure he put the baby in, started car to get the heat going and then was outside waiting for someone to bring what he bought or what not. What can you do when someone jumps in and rips off and who would ever expect that to happen?

Good thing is Baby is safe and Dad learned a life lesson.

I hear you, I was one of those kids that didn't have a 5 point harness and drove in a car with 4 adults smoking unfiltered L&M's. We had a 59' Chevy station wagon that had the rear set facing the car behind you with the window cranked open. We survived somehow but since then we have evolved as a species too. 2 wrongs don't make a right.