Watabeag road

Sterling

The one up by Kirkland? Not sure there's any members living up that way. Plenty of good easy access trout fishing close to north bay available right now. Olrig (forest access) is plowed right to the power lines so all those splake lakes are an easy walk this year.

The one up by Kirkland? Not sure there's any members living up that way. Plenty of good easy access trout fishing close to north bay available right now. Olrig (forest access) is plowed right to the power lines so all those splake lakes are an easy walk this year.

PS where is this? I'll try it out. Can't find it on fish on-line or google.

Huh. Weird to see the name of a road I've fished down on here. Too bad I am a few days late. It was definitely open a few weeks ago, before any snow melted. Even the roads that intersect it were plowed. Lots of trout waters up that way, though I've only fished a couple of them so far. ;) ;)

Huh. Weird to see the name of a road I've fished down on here. Too bad I am a few days late. It was definitely open a few weeks ago, before any snow melted. Even the roads that intersect it were plowed. Lots of trout waters up that way, though I've only fished a couple of them so far. ;) ;)

Are you from the area? My dad is from KL. Worked on Watabeag for the ministry for years. Says he probably planted half of the trees we saw on the way through :).

Are you from the area? My dad is from KL. Worked on Watabeag for the ministry for years. Says he probably planted half of the trees we saw on the way through :).

I'm in the Tri-Towns, but I like to explore for trouts. There are some aurora lakes west of Watabeag, which is what actually brought me to that area initially. Also caught a couple brookies that way. I went to Wynn Lake near KL a few years ago - don't bother. It's got a huge pike in there, maybe more than one.

Mostly I go into Latchford, Temagami, Matachewan, and Beauty Lake areas.

Edited by Dana