Canadian Wild Card Team

Oggie

Just thinking how hard it'll be to stay interested in the playoffs with no Canadian team involved. I hear a lot of bars crying for business. I guess the Jays will help out in that department.

Should the NHL look at having a Wild Card position for the Canadian team that finishes highest? It seems a shame to dump over half the hockey market at playoff time. How hard would that be to implement?

Edited by Oggie

The only problem with an All Canadian Division is the total elimination of Canadian teams as the playoffs progress. The best you can hope for is one Canadian team at the end of the playoffs in the Finals. I do hear you about the backdoor entry into the playoffs being less than admirable.

The only problem with an All Canadian Division is the total elimination of Canadian teams as the playoffs progress. The best you can hope for is one Canadian team at the end of the playoffs in the Finals. I do hear you about the backdoor entry into the playoffs being less than admirable.

Wow , I assumed your wildcard team would be to the first round of the playoffs not the finals. Definitely not.

I don't think that they should re-arrange the whole playoff qualification format because their may not be any Canadian teams in the playoffs this year. This year is an unusual even. We will be back to having Canadian teams in the payoffs soon enough.

this jays season is going to be one for the books. Im predicting sell outs every weekend all weekend as long as they are still competitive. I suspect they will be and its gonna be a fun ride because of it.

Been watching the jays for years now and to finally see some playoff ball for the first time in my life was incredible.

Game 4 of the ALDS was a joy to watch in person even though we lost, it was one of the best experiences of my life.

Wow , I assumed your wildcard team would be to the first round of the playoffs not the finals. Definitely not.

Yeah that's what I meant. The best Canadian team would get to play in the first round and then that's it unless they win. So yeah a Canadian Division wouldn't work.