Good ending to crappy situation

fishnguy

A lady posted this to our local facebook fishing group:

So my 10 yr old son and his buddy went down to the boat launch by Goodyear to go fishing, they left their stuff to go to the bathroom down a little further and when they came back their 3 tackle boxes plus a rod and reel was gone!!!! I have 2 very upset boys that worked very hard to build up their own fishing supplies and now are left with nothing to be able to go fishing again! Just ignorant!!!! Please if anyone hears or sees anything please let me know!

The good part is that there are dozens of comments under the original post where local anglers are asking how they can get tackle and rods/reels to the kids. Good ending to a crappy situation for the kids. Nice to see people pull together.

If "goodyear" is where I think it is the bathrooms would be a couple hundred feet away.... Either way hard lesson for the kids..

My dad lives in the area will see if I can end some tackle their way. Any other info you have wold be great

This was posted by the mom last night. Glad the boys have tackle again:

My family would like to send out a huge Thank you to everyone that has helped out my son Hunter and his buddy Colin. When I put up the post about the boys having their fishing gear stolen we were not expecting it to turn out how it has. The boys came home really upset that their gear got stolen and all I wanted is to make everyone else out there aware so the same thing didn't happen to others and hope that there could have been a chance to get their belongings back. All of a sudden my post was being shared all over Facebook and I had people commenting and messaging me wanting to donate things to the boys so they could get back out fishing. The boys could not believe how many people were wanting to help them out and they are so very thankful for everything that everyone has done for them! They have already said that if there are items that they do not need, it will be given to others that can use it as a pay it forward. This whole thing just gives us hope in humanity and shows that no matter what there are always kind hearted people willing to be there and help out. There has been people that have dropped things off for us, sending things in the mail and they also got the privilege to go down to the Toronto Sportsman Show and meet some big sports fishing & hunting celebrities which also donated a bunch of new gear for the boys! Definitely a memory to last a life time!!! Huge thank you goes out to Kelly Lanctot, Benjamin Anders, Rob Long, Josh Wheildon, Chris Fortune, Amanda Lynn Mayhew-Hare, Michael Brian, Carrie Cartwright, Mike Miller from Angler & Hunter TV, Ron James from Fish TV, Big Jim McLaughlin, Bob Izumi, Pure Fishing, Fishbum Outfitters, Lyman Lures, and to all the others that have helped out and put smiles back on these boys faces!