Respect on the East Tribs .

Rustic-Fisher

Been Floatfishing for 20+ years, was fortunate enough to usually have drifts, and pools to myself before we relocated from the North to the East. I've now gotten used to the crowds on the East tribs , but a special shout out to the guys that watched me roll in with my 6yr old son and gave up their prime drift location for my son and I , only saying to us "it's all about the kids" .

Respect !!

The kid hooked into one ,,, Thx!

I'm amazed. A couple of weeks back we experieced the east end in fine form. Had a couple of twenty something guys in fishbum sweaters that crowded in to fish on a hole that my buddy and I where fishing. The hole could just support the 2 of us. They weren't even being dicks, really friendly but they had zero clue. They said they had had a very slow day, and couldn't understand why. We left them to it a few minutes later, we'd stuck almost every willing fish in the pool anyway. Literally almost every pool we walked past had a crew of "fishermen" with go pros set up all over, and where crowding each other out as well. I thought someone might ask us to sign video releases. It was an interesting day. Surprisingly we still managed some pretty good fishing despite the circus like atmosphere. Funny I never see much of that out our way. I'm glad to hear you met some decent folks.

I'm amazed. A couple of weeks back we experieced the east end in fine form. Had a couple of twenty something guys in fishbum sweaters that crowded in to fish on a hole that my buddy and I where fishing. The hole could just support the 2 of us. They weren't even being dicks, really friendly but they had zero clue. They said they had had a very slow day, and couldn't understand why. We left them to it a few minutes later, we'd stuck almost every willing fish in the pool anyway. Literally almost every pool we walked past had a crew of "fishermen" with go pros set up all over, and where crowding each other out as well. I thought someone might ask us to sign video releases. It was an interesting day. Surprisingly we still managed some pretty good fishing despite the circus like atmosphere. Funny I never see much of that out our way. I'm glad to hear you met some decent folks.

Sounds like the Shawa under the Wentworth bridge the Go Pro hole of the East

Yep, the whole "go pro" deal is very strange Lol., What's up with that ???

Most of the Locals are pretty good, once they know your local .

Nice to hear from ya bud, and nice to hear the share. I havent touched anything up here. Ice fishing has kept me busy. Time to reach out and go traveling again.

Good to hear from ya. :Gonefishing:

Edited by Brian B

After 30 years of chasing steelhead i can honestly say I don't enjoy it anymore, it has become a joke, with all the so called "pro-staffers" trying to be youtube sensations. The only time I do go out is after opening day when i can take my 6 year old and fish some private water and not have to worry about the crowds.

Rich.

I grew up fishing the Eastern Ditches and still get out maybe two or three times a year when my usual go-to rivers are blown or I need to stop into Gagnons for something. They are what they are being so close to Toronto. There are a handful of regulars on each river who are usually super chill and have no problems sitting back and letting you take a drift (often times they'll actually insist you take a drift). I find a lot of the guys nowadays (usually the younger ones) don't even ask before they crowd you out of your run (usually after they see you hook up). If I can make it through a trip without having some kid tell me how I need to use Hevi-Beads, G2 Floats or Streamside rods and reels to catch fish, I'd consider that a good day.LOL

Glad to hear your son got hooked up Ryan.