Specific spot on Sturgeon Lake (any fish )

Tjames09

9 posts and he gets dog piled, he may not have understood the posting practices when asking for info on spots but he didnt deserve that

You get offered real help from people you have never even met and don't even say 'thank you"? How do you think we should respond? I have offered to meet him and from there decide where I want to go in offering help you call that "dog piled"? What do you think I should do?

The sad part is that this person came on here, got all sorts of offers and support, offered nothing in return (not even a thank you). Tjames09, contact me; come and visit me. I live right on Sturgeon Lake, fishing right off my dock is fantastic, if you are as you say you are then and only then will I vouch for you! At this moment I feel you are fishing for a lot more than pan fish and I don't mean pike.

Not one of these below was helpful.....actually everyone was pretty unfriendly and rude. I didn't realize asking a specific spot on a lake I'm new to was a kiss of death. Seems like an unfriendly bunch on this board, and everyone continually piling on, I never replied to this thread once i saw what was happening.
Also if you were referring to my previous thread and not saying thank you....you missed post #17.....

Thanks guys! Hopefully can make that happen come season

None of this is helpful in anyway...Just say "asking for specific spots is a faux pas, or not really looked upon kindly here" would have sufficed more than any of this.

Yes! Nice hallibut too!!!

I'm there everyday. And I slay them......

OK, I answered you honestly (you can ask anyone of the guys on here that know the lake) no PM, it wasn't needed! Different seasons different species. I live on Sturgeon lake and your post and the answers could be read by hundreds of people, what does that tell you about that spot now? Probably not worth fishing unless you are willing to stand sholder to sholder and untangle lines, your post made it public!

Obviously you don't know the area very well or you would know that the likelyhood of catching a pike anywhere in Sturgeon Lake is very slim. I have lived here on the lake for 15 years and never caught a single pike. Your comment about "the only thing open would be pike and sunfish"? That doesn't make any sense at all: Sunfish? Pan fish are open year round and there a a lot more fish than sunfish in the "panfish" catagory.

There are so many members on this board that will be happy to help you out but not when you just fish for information. Get involved, make some friends, give a little, get a lot!

that is my prime carp spot. Try pulling one of those lippy buggers thru the ice. If you succeed, that's some good eating right there. Use an 8 or ten inch auger, fire some corn down the hole and hang on. Have a heated frying pan nearby with butter, pepper and salt. Don't even bother filleting it....just right into the pan. You can deal with the guts and bones later.

One of my favorite spots. I usually use a deep fried mars bar as bait. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Tjames09

" I didn't realize asking a specific spot on a lake I'm new to was a kiss of death. "

Not the kiss of death... But close. Specially to the people who may or may not fish that particular spot on a regular basis.

But the real reason everyone is jumping on board with this little mini "Linching", is because you are speaking about particular GPS coordinates, on a specific lake is blatantly breaking the rules set out by OFC. The rules that you had to read before becoming a member on this community.

You have to be a little slow in head, or maybe just incredibly ignorant to think it's a good idea to post exact GPS coordinates for a potential honey hole on a website open to whomever wants to read it.... in the world.

My apologies for being blunt. But based on your last reply where you called us all "rude" and "unfriendly", you obviously don't fully grasp why the rules are in place in the first place.

Your OP was wrong, and broke the rules laid out by OFC. Instead of calling us rude and unfriendly, maybe you should be apologizing for breaking the rules, and offending several long time members of this community.? I can tell you with 100% certainty, that you really pissed off several people with your actions thus far. And not because they are rude, or unfriendly.. But because you did something you shouldn't have.

" I didn't realize asking a specific spot on a lake I'm new to was a kiss of death. "

Not the kiss of death... But close. Specially to the people who may or may not fish that particular spot on a regular basis.

But the real reason everyone is jumping on board with this little mini "Linching", is because you are speaking about particular GPS coordinates, on a specific lake is blatantly breaking the rules set out by OFC. The rules that you had to read before becoming a member on this community.

You have to be a little slow in head, or maybe just incredibly ignorant to think it's a good idea to post exact GPS coordinates for a potential honey hole on a website open to whomever wants to read it.... in the world.

My apologies for being blunt. But based on your last reply where you called us all "rude" and "unfriendly", you obviously don't fully grasp why the rules are in place in the first place.

Your OP was wrong, and broke the rules laid out by OFC. Instead of calling us rude and unfriendly, maybe you should be apologizing for breaking the rules, and offending several long time members of this community.? I can tell you with 100% certainty, that you really pissed off several people with your actions thus far. And not because they are rude, or unfriendly.. But because you did something you shouldn't have.

well put and very true

Edited by GBW

OK, I answered you honestly (you can ask anyone of the guys on here that know the lake) no PM, it wasn't needed! Different seasons different species. I live on Sturgeon lake and your post and the answers could be read by hundreds of people, what does that tell you about that spot now? Probably not worth fishing unless you are willing to stand sholder to sholder and untangle lines, your post made it public!

Obviously you don't know the area very well or you would know that the likelyhood of catching a pike anywhere in Sturgeon Lake is very slim. I have lived here on the lake for 15 years and never caught a single pike. Your comment about "the only thing open would be pike and sunfish"? That doesn't make any sense at all: Sunfish? Pan fish are open year round and there a a lot more fish than sunfish in the "panfish" catagory.

There are so many members on this board that will be happy to help you out but not when you just fish for information. Get involved, make some friends, give a little, get a lot!

The two posts are great for summing up why this thread went the way that it did. (I actually wish we could have these as PSA's on the front of OFC).

Looking at the thread, it has had almost 1000 views in just a couple of days. With the threads easily searchable on google if you were to put lets say 'Sturgeon Lake fish spot' it makes the information easily accessible to a lot of people. Random people may stumble across this and say 'I don't know where to fish on Sturgeon. This is a good starting spot.' and before you know it, good fishing spots aren't that good anymore.

A lot of us razz you because...... well its what we do to anyone. B, Nick, Chad. Joey, Chris K and dynamic_bear grill me all the time and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm never worried about the people who rib me and give me a hard time, its the ones that are only nice that I worry about.

Edited by jeremy84

you have 9 posts and are expecting people to help you out...as far as Im concerned you are just another catch and kill troller until proven otherwise.

Trust me, the people on this website are far from rude, some can be salty, but man up and laugh it off.

My experience on this forum has been nothing but positive, and trust me, ive caught many a fish including a few legit trophies that would have never been caught without the direct help of some of our board members. So thats saying something right there.

Okay...Ive edited the first post, this really isnt helpful and not why I joined this forum. Like i said, simply saying posting specific coordinates is not allowed here would have been fine.

Edited by Tjames09

As the one who started the mob, I should apologize, so - I am sorry. My intent was to simply have a bit of fun by naming species that obviously would not be in that water. I did not intend for you to get ganged up on.

I did not view the original post as legitimate. It is so blatantly against the rules I view it as someone asking to be "piled on". "Trolling" I believe they call it. How many times have we not seen posts that are clearly meant to rile people up? When guys ask what the best recipe is for 50 inch musky is that supposed to be answered seriously? If that was not your actual intent (to post a question that would obviously get a reaction) then I am stunned. Having said that, don't discount my advice, it may still be a good carp spot.

The guy's new and asked an honest question. There was a similar question about the Pine, why didn't Netminder get reamed?

I welcome some new blood around here.

Good on ya chris!

Although i did have a silly response, it was not meant to be offensive in anyway.

I also welcome new blood! Hopefully some great reports too!

But people do take offense and the results could be damaging; maybe not in this situation but people can be devastated by cyber responses. It's too easy to jump all over someone when we are just typing words on to a screen. Our response should be as simple as what chris.brock said. Welcome him and explain the rules if he crossed the line.

The guy's new and asked an honest question. There was a similar question about the Pine, why didn't Netminder get reamed?

I welcome some new blood around here.

Hey, come on now. I thought I was being fairly broad about my question. It's not like you could google Sturgeon Lake and not find thousands of posts and articles telling you that yes, in fact there are fish there. I was skeptical about the Pine River Provincial Fishing Area because it, in fact, looks nothing like a fishing area. And there is literally no information about it other than records of it possibly being stocked in the early 80's. It's a public park too, so I don't think it's a big secret spot that no one is supposed to know about.

FYI - I assumed this was a troll/joke thread too. Literally asking for tips on a specific spot?

Edited by netminder