Hide'n Out in Haliburton, Fish Derby report, np

chris.brock

Brown beat me up to the cottage. That was ok because he warmed the place up and shovelled all the snow before we got there. We decided not to pre fish, but sledded into a walleye lake.

IMG_03991_zpscb9hdoq5.jpgThe derby is a huge deal for the guys that fish up there.IMG_03961_zpsrhvpdkj5.jpgI knew I had to call up the heavy hitters for my team, Kewley, Brown and Colin. IMG_03971_zpsge9phjtj.jpgThe derby was from 8 to 3pm. A little after 9am I put a 6 pound 10 ouncer on the ice and it wouldn't be beat.march%205_zpsc81dwz7r.jpgPut it in a rubber maid with water, ran it in, weighed it in, then let it go.march%205a_zpsqluqzscv.jpgKewley and Brown were running their own fish in too.march%205a_zpsqluqzscv.jpgIMG_04001_zpsglvqqjy3.jpgIMG_04091_zps6mishzql.jpg140 guys but I was lucky enough to come out on top, fun, memorable day, Lil Fisher is happy too.Our cottage friends had something terrible happen to their family recently, so that's where the prize money went. Edited by chris.brock

Glad to hear that Chris. Imagine the damage we could have done if Bain and Julian had made it out too.

For the record, I was 1 for 2, Brown and Kewley especially were putting numbers of fish on the ice.

Edited by chris.brock

Glad to hear that Chris. Imagine the damage we could have done if Bain and Julian had made it out too.

For the record, I was 1 for 2, Brown and Kewley especially were putting numbers of fish on the ice.

Really wish I could have made it . A little competition is always fun ... Lol

Oh yeah....team to beat for sure! Lol

I will be fishing with Mr. Bunk next weekend. Team yamalowrance we call ourselves lol....4 days in the bush off the grid coming up!!!

Its too bad conditions sucked so bad this year. I really wanted to hook up with ya on the ice this year. Fingers crossed its not over. I have 6 days off over easter weekend....

S.