Line Welder

John Bacon

It's $180 USD!

Now, I saw the videos last night and I believe it provides a stronger joint than a traditional knot does judging by the video but I do not lose many fish off of bad knots to begin with. Secondly, their 10-12lb test for Mono and Flouro and 10-50lb for braid is not within most of the line sizes I use so it would be almost useless for me.

I think I would pay for a pair of these pliers before I ever spent $$$$ on one of those things

Leave them lying on the floor of yer boat and they are MINE!!!

I seriously can see the price on the pliers. Anyone who has worked with titanium would also vouch (maybe....?) It is one of the most amazing materials ever created.

But that line welder has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen........

I'll give them credit for a unique concept lol

I could see this having a legitimate use, if it was capable of welding heavy mono, 50-200 lb mono/fluoro leaders for salt/big fish applications, assuming claims about the weld strength are actually true....could also be handy if you're a charter captain, especially the party boat style charters....the .014 line diameter restriction is the huge Achilles heel

if you get over the acquisition cost, each cartridge only produces 12 welds, $12/3 pack of cartridges...so we're at 33 cents per weld, not considering shipping, taxes, duty, fx rate...conservatively bump that up to almost 2 quarters every time you switch lures/retie throughout the day...don't see them busting into the recreational market, maybe the tourney scene

and of course they're only accepting orders in the US....any members down south going to take them up on this offer? It would be cool to play with a weld first hand, but sure ain't paying for it

If you would like, send us samples of the lines you use and we will weld them and return them to you for your inspection. If you want to do that, send them to Customer Service, Tauten, Inc., 100 Cummings Center Suite 215F, Beverly, MA 01915. Be sure to include the line specs - Brand, weight, type, etc.

Bare foot wader,

I agree that it might get into the higher levels of the tournament scene but I do not know if it will trickle down all that quick. I retie quite a few times a day and can see myself going through a cartridge or two in a single day.

Multiple rods and multiple re ties add up.

totally agree, I could only really see the gear junkies trying this out....it said it takes 35 seconds to finish the weld too, I'm not that patient, only takes 5 seconds to tie my own knots

imo they went about this wrong, they should've designed it to work with heavy lines and targeted the in/offshore guys running heavy shock leaders, musky guys tying heavy leaders with fluoro, that type of thing

totally agree, I could only really see the gear junkies trying this out....it said it takes 35 seconds to finish the weld too, I'm not that patient, only takes 5 seconds to tie my own knots

imo they went about this wrong, they should've designed it to work with heavy lines and targeted the in/offshore guys running heavy shock leaders, musky guys tying heavy leaders with fluoro, that type of thing

Agreed.

This is not at all needed for bass, in any way shape or form

"How do I get one of these in my boat"

I would think if your buying a 50-65 thousand dollar boat, you can afford one. LOL

Cool idea though.

Side note, I like the link after this one. Fusing fly lines. You have to click on the youtube icon to see it after the fusion one.