Storm-what storm?

darsky

Had to run the snow blower in Wellington county!

I'm in dufferin county hope it just blows away. :D

Driveway near killed me with a shovel no practise snowfalls this year.

I'm in dufferin county hope it just blows away. :D

Driveway near killed me with a shovel no practise snowfalls this year.

I havent even shovelled once this year lol.

What the heck?

And its supposed to be around +10 again by saturday.

Worse winter ever in NW ontario

Guess I got it all then - 16-18 INCHES to wade thru to get to the van in the driveway, promptly got stuck as it's pure ice under the snow and had to shovel with only one good arm (yeah right!). Took me over an hour to do what should take about 15 minutes. Got to physio 45 minutes late and had to skip all my exercises, just do ultrasound and some other electrocution machine along with hot pads. At school now and the bad arm is just throbbing.

Landlord ain't gonna be too happy when I get done with him about this....

RANT over!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming... (dang that hurts!)

Michael

Guess I got it all then - 16-18 INCHES to wade thru to get to the van in the driveway, promptly got stuck as it's pure ice under the snow and had to shovel with only one good arm (yeah right!). Took me over an hour to do what should take about 15 minutes. Got to physio 45 minutes late and had to skip all my exercises, just do ultrasound and some other electrocution machine along with hot pads. At school now and the bad arm is just throbbing.

Landlord ain't gonna be too happy when I get done with him about this....

RANT over!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming... (dang that hurts!)

Michael

Man that sucks!!!

Whats the injury if you dont mind me asking?

Another let down in peterborough area. Im bummed.

S.

Come over to my place, snow on my deck so deep I could hardly get the door open enough to get out., drifts about 2' deep, just spent two hours out there with the snow blower cleaning up and then had to shovel off the deck again just to get back in the house. Oh I need a nap!

August 12, 2015 - 16' x 15' wall being erected (raised to vertical from floor) by a crew of 5, base stops broke out, wall kicked out at bottom, slid off deck and came down (at warp speed!). Ruptured my right distal tendon, had to be surgically reattached, also torn bicep muscle, since then shoulder, wrist, and upper arm muscle & nerve issues. Been in physio since Oct 6.

Any type of movement hurts, and hurts more the harder, faster or further I go!

Fun eh?

Michael

August 12, 2015 - 16' x 15' wall being erected (raised to vertical from floor) by a crew of 5, base stops broke out, wall kicked out at bottom, slid off deck and came down (at warp speed!). Ruptured my right distal tendon, had to be surgically reattached, also torn bicep muscle, since then shoulder, wrist, and upper arm muscle & nerve issues. Been in physio since Oct 6.

Fun eh?

Michael

Darn man! Sorry

I tore my hamstring when I was 21 I think, horrible injuries to deal with.

For 2 years I did nothing but rehab. First physio, ice, heat,

Then stetching

Then light excercise

Then intense message to break up scar tissue, ice and heat again

Then when I could it was the recumbant bike

It was all I could do all day was physio related for 2 years.

I hope your doing well and take care of that injury so it doesnt haunt you all your life

A whopping 6cm down at my place in Whitby. So much for the 25cm and winter storm warning!! I'm not complaining though. Only took me ten minutes to clear the driveway! With the above freezing temps starting next week I'm hoping we can say goodbye to winter!

Fun eh?

Michael

I had the same thing happen to me in 03. Dislocated my hip. I know how you feel. I went through hell! Still paying for it now!

S.

Shovelled twice before hitting the sack last night, trying to stay ahead. woke up to more snow, more than I thought would fall overnight. drove to work and will have to shovel out driveway properly when I get home. really hoping warm weather next week melts it all but probably not. this winter sucks cuz it's all over the map.

Fun eh?

Michael

Dang!!! That sucks!!! :(

I was worried about things like that happening when I was raising my 12' high walls @ my cabin by myself. :o

Hope you heal up soon.

It was an island job as well Dave, like yours, and because we had to barge everything in we used manpower most of the time. The wall jacks you used (and showed in your posts) were the first thing I thought of during the boat ride to shore to get in a truck to go to the ER. Toenailing the base plate and putting several "stops" on the edge of the floor deck to keep the wall from kicking out is pretty standard practice, plus we did it in stages putting in temporary supports as we went. It was on the last push to vertical when the bottom came out - we can only guess that the stops broke or let go. I haven't been back to the site since so I have no first hand idea of what really happened other than I was all of a sudden in a whole big world of hurt, on my back and wondering how the @#!&%$$!!!! I got there! That was almost 7 months ago and it's looking like either another 3-4 months or permanent now. Not a happy camper! But then that's life ain't it?

Michael

No investigation beyond normal reporting. If there was they missed talking to me about it. We had all reasonable precautions for manual lifting in place as far as I could see. the wall having slid off the edge of the floor deck when it came down can only happen if the base toenails and/or the stops failed enough that the remainder couldn't hold in my estimation, the end I was on was furthest out after the fall so I'm guessing that the wall pivoted on the remainder. Didn't look at it that much, I was walking around trying to get my arm to work or something like that - kinda blurry from about the time I noticed it wasn't going the right way till just before we started walking to the boat to head to shore.

Thanks for the good wishes - every little bit helps!

Michael